Author Topic: Ratings Not Showing  (Read 1572 times)

please55

I'm still taking a look but MB isn't showing ratings for some files.  It seems to be primarily affecting my FLAC files, although not all of them.

I've inspected a few albums in both MP3tag and MB internal inspector and they still show the POPULARIMETER field that's written by MB.

However, when I look at the tracks in Album Art View or in Now Playing, the ratings collumn remains empty. Similarly they don't show up in an auto playlist filtered to their ratings.

I have Musicbee set up to write ratings to the files themselves in settings. I've tried deleting the album from the collection and scanning it back.  I've also tried right click, rescan with no change.  On latest stable release.
Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 05:20:29 AM by please55

Steven

• Administrator
If you send me a link to one of the problem files i will have a quick look

please55

2 PMs with link sent.

The first one (Jack Johnson) - MB used the POPULARIMETER tag but currently doesn't show rating in the app.
The second one (Linkin Park) - MB used the RATING tag. I can't figure out why  the switch. It's rating does show up in MB.

Here's the pattern I've noticed (all ratings managed soley by MB) -
FLAC files with the POPULARIMETER tag, their ratings aren't shown. Recently MB started tagging FLAC with the RATING tag instead, these continue to be shown in the app. (Recently tagged, as in the past 1-2 weeks?) Although the problem of some ratings not showing only presented in the last 24 hours.

MP3 files with the equivalent POPM tag don't appear to be affected. They still show their ratings in MB. If I tag an MP3 right now, MB still uses the POPM for it.  As of right now, MB continues to tag FLAC with RATING tag.

Edit 2: I suppose a short term solution, if this is now the new default behaviour for MB, is to convert all FLAC files with the old POPULARIMETER tag to RATING in mp3tag.

(While we are talking about tags, I also noticed that deleting the 'ENCODER' tag (ex 'reference libFLAC 1.3.3 20190804') with MB inspector doesn't seem to have expected results. After deleting/saving, inspector shows it upon checking again.)
Last Edit: September 24, 2020, 06:27:52 PM by please55

Steven

• Administrator
The "crawling" file is fine and shows the rating as expected.
The "times like these" file is using the wrong tag name for rating - "POPULARIMETER" is terminology used in ID3 tags for MP3 files. The tag for flac files is "RATING" (which it is for the crawling file)