Author Topic: Windows 10 Media Control Causing MusicBee to Lose Interactivity  (Read 1852 times)

zkhcohen

I've been able to isolate an issue where MusicBee intermittently loses interactivity due to a combination of the Windows 10 Media Control plugin (v 1.0.0.0) and audio device changes (addition, removal, power mode transitions, etc.) including Bluetooth and external display audio devices.

Notably, the currently-playing song will finish if it loses interactivity as it's playing. If you maximize MB, sometimes the selected song will lose its focus color, indicating that while you're unable to interact with MB, it not in a hung state. The cursor becomes a vertical resizing cursor when hovered over any part of MB. When hovering over the MB icon on the Taskbar, a blue loading circle spins in the pop-up preview window. It's almost as if the primary UI thread is locked.

I haven't been able to isolate the issue using standard debugging utilities (VS, WinDbg, ProcMon, Process Explorer) or the MB error logs / Windows Event Logs.

I have not had any audio driver updates.

Can you think of what this issue might be, or if there's a good way to debug it without the source code?

Steven

• Administrator
You can see from the plugin there isnt much too it and I am really doubtful the plugin code itself is the problem.
If you need to debug it, it makes a reference to Windows.winmd which you might need to re-link to the windows 10 sdk version you have installed. If you dont have the sdk installed and just need the file, i can send it to you