Author Topic: Remove playlist tracks from main collection  (Read 726 times)

TwoTonYeti

Hi all,

I mistakenly imported all of my playlists into my main collection. Is there a way to compare a playlist to my main collection and auto-remove the playlist tracks from the main collection?

I realize that I could simply "delete from library" all of the tracks in my collection and then rescan the specific songs I want in my main library back into MusicBee, but I would like to preserve my Play Count info if possible.

Any pointers on advanced tag search/replacing or tag copying would be appreciated.

- Yeti

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

You can do a search for "Playlist has a value", and it should show you any tracks that are in static playlists. It doesn't sound like you'd be dealing with auto playlists here, anyway.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frankz

Why can't you just open the playlist in MB, select all the files in it, and hit the delete key?  Make sure you do "Delete from Library Only" and not library and computer if you don't want to delete them from your computer, too.

TwoTonYeti

Why can't you just open the playlist in MB, select all the files in it, and hit the delete key?  Make sure you do "Delete from Library Only" and not library and computer if you don't want to delete them from your computer, too.

Hi Frankz,

AFAIK I thought that removing tracks from Library will reset playcount values and ratings values - if this is not the case, that would be fantastic. I just didn't want to risk losing my "progress" as I go through my library.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you're concerned about losing data on the playlist tracks, you shouldn't remove them from the library. Try moving them to the inbox, instead.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

frankz

Maybe I'm confused about the difference between "remove the playlist tracks from the main collection" and "remove the playlist tracks from the library."

If you just want to segregate them for review, then the Inbox suggestion is your best bet.

TwoTonYeti

Hi, welcome to the forum!

You can do a search for "Playlist has a value", and it should show you any tracks that are in static playlists. It doesn't sound like you'd be dealing with auto playlists here, anyway.

Sweet - this did just what I wanted. Thanks!