Author Topic: Can I sub group / separate tracks in Playlists with a horizontal delimiter line)  (Read 1155 times)

pstein

My Playlists are rather long (occasionally more than 200 tracks).

I would like to introduce some kind of sub grouping (with a sub group headline).
E.g.

Playlist name= POP
subgroup1= Rihanna
subgroup2= J.Lopez
subgroup3=....

Is this somehow possible or do I really have to setup different playlists?

A separation by a horizontal delimiter line (like in Firefox Bookmarks) would help a bit.

Peter

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you just want groups by artist, click on the menu where it says Tracks and go to Group By, then add Artist (or maybe Album Artist) as your grouping field.

For ease of navigation, you might also try adding a column or thumbnail browser to your layout.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

pstein

If you just want groups by artist, click on the menu where it says Tracks and go to Group By, then add Artist (or maybe Album Artist) as your grouping field.

For ease of navigation, you might also try adding a column or thumbnail browser to your layout.

No the artists were only an example. some other subgroups contain various different artists.

And I want to keep the sequence of tracks.
So when I add a new column and sort the tracks by this column the sequence inside such a sub group will be lost anyway

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
No the artists were only an example. some other subgroups contain various different artists.
And I want to keep the sequence of tracks.
So when I add a new column and sort the tracks by this column the sequence inside such a sub group will be lost anyway

You can group by any tag, or have a column browser for any tag.

As for sorting, you can sort by more than one column. Either hold the CTRL key and click multiple columns, or define a custom sort order in Sorting/Grouping preferences (can include fields that aren't displayed in the main panel).
Last Edit: September 18, 2020, 06:46:17 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)