Author Topic: Unable to verify the validity of this URL  (Read 1741 times)

PodcastBee

Hello,

since a while, more or less end of last June, I have update issues with three subscripted podcasts. They are marked with 'Subscription update failed' and when I try to add them again it says 'Unable to verify the validity of this URL'. One URL for example is https://wochendaemmerung.de/feed/mp3.

I hadn't made any MusicBee software updates in a while but did now before I post and there is no change. I discovered that the internal iTunes Store search is finding the Podcast, but also saying that the link is no longer valid.

I contacted the hoster and they suspect the SSL certificate but mention that the feed works in other catchers, what I can confirm.

I don't understand where the problem is, even not really with a feed validator. If the feed is too bad or MusicBee to restrict.

Any ideas what the hoster could change or what I can do to make MusicBee continue the subscription?

Steven

• Administrator
working fine here. Are you using the latest version of musicbee from the downloads page?

PodcastBee

Yes, as I wrote I updated before. I am using the portable version and checked the info inside the program: 3.3.7491 P
Curious about your reply I installed the portable version in a new directory to have a default configuration and settings. I tried to add the URL and still get the same error message. Maybe the installer is worth trying?!

Steven

• Administrator
Maybe the installer is worth trying?!
I dont see how it would help. Check the error log (help/ support/ view error log) in case additional information is being logged. I only need the last error, not the entire log

PodcastBee

Concerning this matter i found that in the log:
" - refresh subscription Die Wochendämmerung failed:: Die Anfrage wurde abgebrochen: Es konnte kein geschützter SSL/TLS-Kanal erstellt werden.."

Same messages for the other two feeds with the same problem.

Steven

• Administrator

PodcastBee

Thank you for the quick response but unfortunately no change here. I replaced the files in my existing installation and see no difference. I tried also with the new empty installation and the replaced files but can't add the feed because of the same reason as before.

Steven

• Administrator
could you try one more time with the same download link

If it still doesnt work, what windows version are you using and do you keep your .dotnet version up-to-date with each windows update - specifically do you have .dotnet 4.8 installed?
Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 11:30:24 AM by Steven

PodcastBee

Thanks for your commitment but still no changes.
I downloaded and replaced the files, my MusicBee is now version 3.3.7557 P.
I am still using Win 7 and my MS .NET Framework is 4.8.03761, installed December 2019. (The recommended download on the MS page is released April 2019.) I also have installed the German version.

Neither I can update the feeds in my existing MusicBee installation nor add the feeds in a new installation. Same messages as mentioned before.

I also used the repair feature for both dotnet installations to reset them, without success.

Steven

• Administrator
The only other suggestion i have is to whitelist MB in your security software. Otherwise i cant help any further

PodcastBee

What do you mean by whitelisting in my security software? The only thing that I use that is close to something like that is the Windows Firewall. I added MusicBee there but still can't see any difference.

And I still don't understand the whole issue. Isn't there a chance to bypass this validation manually? I am curious that it is working on your system and not on mine.

PodcastBee

Okay. Seems that there is nothing more that can be done. No further ideas. Anyway I like to thank you Steven for your time and effort.