Author Topic: Fix for MusicBee Wifi Sync app with devices running Android 11 or greater.  (Read 12578 times)

ome-reily

When I plug my device in, however, I noticed that there's suddenly a duplicate entry in Device > Preferences, and all settings within this entry are default. When I attempt to delete this entry while the device is connected I'm told I cannot, because the device is in use, so it's clear my device is now, for whatever reason, recognized as being different in some way.

For anyone who might try to troubleshoot this issue to get the app to work again, I also had this problem. Well, something similar. I was able to delete the extra device, but I did also notice that there was a duplicate device entry that hadn't existed before.

I bet this has something to do with why the app has broken.

arcendus

For anyone who might try to troubleshoot this issue to get the app to work again, I also had this problem. Well, something similar. I was able to delete the extra device, but I did also notice that there was a duplicate device entry that hadn't existed before.

I bet this has something to do with why the app has broken.

So I managed to get the Server Not Found error to cease, but I was trying several different things (desperation lol) so I'm not entirely sure what precisely did the trick.

Can you try resetting network preferences on your device (you'll have to re-add all WiFi and Bluetooth connections after doing this), then force stopping and clearing app cache for MusicBee Wifi Sync, and see if that fixes it?

ome-reily

Oh, the error I'm having isn't the Sever Not Found error, it's that the app refuses to read any changes to files made in GMMP. So I can effectively only rate songs on desktop.

All I want is dual metadata sync for my curated song collection. Can't believe it's 2023 and this is still so difficult to have.

phred

• Global Moderator
Can't believe it's 2023 and this is still so difficult to have.
Do not blame MB for this.
The blame belongs to Google and the way they control access to Android OS
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

arcendus

Oh, the error I'm having isn't the Sever Not Found error, it's that the app refuses to read any changes to files made in GMMP. So I can effectively only rate songs on desktop.

All I want is dual metadata sync for my curated song collection. Can't believe it's 2023 and this is still so difficult to have.

Ah, my bad. Really hope someone from MB or with technical knowledge can help you find a fix, because being limited in that way would be a huge bummer.

And same - it is endlessly wild to me that it's so difficult to achieve, and with so few options. I've seriously considered expanding the storage on my old iPod Video and going back to the routine of carrying my phone + iPod everywhere, because trying to find solutions and fixes to this stuff can be maddening.