Author Topic: use "row padding" settings more widely accross the layout  (Read 1902 times)

Ottodix

Hi

A suggestion: this row padding settings is a good thing, but could it be possible to use it in the tab bar too? It's the only thing which bother me in musicbee, the lack of consistent padding. Here is a little animation showing how this tab bar height should be enlarged in my option, to make look less compressed
https://ibb.co/HKkS9N2

The header menu of each section (left column, main panel, right column) could be less compressed too.

And lastly, (but it's not related to the row padding) the top margin of the cover grid is almost inexistant, isn't consistant with the space between covers. It doesn't change according to the size and space between covers, it look like it's a fixed value. It should be equal to the horizontal space between 2 covers

Tiny details, but which make a difference in term of harmony
Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 02:39:02 PM by Ottodix

Ottodix

I'm asking for this a second time. I know it's really tiny details.

If only one thing could be fixe, could it be the top margin of the cover grid, make it consistant with the rest of the cover grid? It's probably not an hard task to do in term of code, right?

hiccup

This may depend on your panel settings and on your viewpoint.
Taking into account that the margins are not only relative to the artwork, but also depend on the text beneath it, in for example this situation I think it looks very good and doesn't need any adjustment or improvement:
(edit, text continues below screenshot)

It looks like you have disabled the Header Menu.
If a user chooses that, it will usually to be to regain and use the pixel space that was occupied by the header before.
So MusicBee's current spacing and behaviour makes good sense to me to be honest.
Last Edit: December 01, 2020, 04:55:43 PM by hiccup

Ottodix

Yep, I know, this "top margin" can be increased artificially by displaying the header.
But this headermenu  can also be colored differently, it depend of the skin, and then if the header menu is of a different color, you've got a very small and fixed top margin.

This top margin is supposed to change accordingly to the space between the covers grid elsewhere, and shouldn't be a fixed value, in order to make it look consistant. Here to my eyes, it looks bugged.

I know it's tiny, but well, that's the thing with design, in order to acheive harmony, you need to take into account the tiny details. In order to give a sense of order and peace, eveything must be aligned.
Last Edit: December 02, 2020, 01:28:03 PM by Ottodix

Steven

• Administrator
Are you using the latest v3.4 release from the first forum topic? It adds a couple of pixels - probably not as much as you want but better than nothing

Ottodix

Yep, I'm using 34.7628. I can't see any difference, but i trust you though : )
In my opinion it's simply supposed to be equal to the space on the right and on the left of the cover grid (and this space change according to the space between covers)