Author Topic: Help! How to play MY MUSIC on IOS WITHOUT iTunes?  (Read 4836 times)

Shepherd Jim

I am disconnecting myself and my music from iTunes. MusicBee on my PC is organizing my music -- a mix of MP3s and FLACs.

My plan is to transfer music from the PC to iPhone and iPad by just using iExplorer or iMazing to copy (sync?) the files.

Question? Once the music files are on the IOS device what is the best app to play them? I need an app that is not dependent on connection to the internet.
— old dog learning new tricks ....having a blast !!

phred

• Global Moderator
I have moved this to the Beyond MusicBee section as it has nothing to do with MB. I would think you'd get better answers from a forum that deals with iDevices.

I would also think that any player that works on an iDevice should play your music. But since MB is Windows only, I think you should look at the other sites I mentioned.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Shepherd Jim

Thanks phred, I did, in fact, pose the question on more "Apple intense" sites. But, I really respect the MusicBee users and bet a good percentage of them have iPhones and have dealt one way or another with how to best play their MusicBee files on IOS.
— old dog learning new tricks ....having a blast !!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
There are a couple of posts linked here about how to run MusicBee on OSX: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/FAQ#Will_MusicBee_be_ported_to_Mac.2FLinux.2Fother_OS.3F
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
how to best play their MusicBee files on IOS.
MB files are nothing more than -music-files. I don't see why any player that runs on IOS can't play music files where ever they come from. MB doesn't do anything special to music files. The MP3s should play on any player that works on IOS. The FLAC files may have to be converted to Apple Lossless, which MB can not do.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

sveakul

The FLAC files may have to be converted to Apple Lossless, which MB can not do.

@Shepherd Jim:  while phred is correct in that MB does not come with the encoder(s) needed to do this, they can be added and then MusicBee can handle the conversion.  Take a look at this thread about adding qaac.exe or refalac.exe to the Codec folder, and suggestions as to how to set up the parameters:  https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=26374.0

phred

• Global Moderator
they can be added and then MusicBee can handle the conversion
Good point sveakul. I haven't touched my file converters for quite some time and forgot about being able to add your own. Hopefully that takes care of the OP's issue. Although s/he did ask for suggestions as for the best way to play MB files on an iphone/pad.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki