Author Topic: Duration not displayed after copying tags  (Read 221 times)

Tybot

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 248
Wondering if anyone ever seen this before. The top album in the screenshot contains the same tracks as the bottom one, so after having tagged the first one properly through Picard, I though I could just copy all the tags from the top album and paste them into the second one, editing only the release specific information. I did the exact same thing just a couple of days ago and it worked without any issues.

Playing any track from the second album works, but the duration says "0:00:00" and the progress bar is completely empty.

Screen: https://i.imgur.com/PnAPudH.jpg
Properties of one of the tracks: https://i.imgur.com/Z26d9zd.jpeg

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 31865
did you try rescanning the files (right click/ send to/ rescan files)
if it still shows 0, can you send a link to one of the problem files

Tybot

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 248
did you try rescanning the files (right click/ send to/ rescan files)
if it still shows 0, can you send a link to one of the problem files

Apologies, forgot my troubleshoot. I've pasted the tags with mp3tag twice, added the files to my library twice and rescanned the files, same issue. Tracks seek and play just fine but there's no feedback from the progress bar.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/72zamidaiuhb3uf/file

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 31865
The file is missing the information for the total number of samples and hence MB and other players cant work out the duration. It otherwise seems fine - all other information looks ok. So its a bit of a mystery and nothing i can do

Tybot

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 248
The file is missing the information for the total number of samples and hence MB and other players cant work out the duration. It otherwise seems fine - all other information looks ok. So its a bit of a mystery and nothing i can do

Thanks for taking a look at it. It's not a mystery anymore though, the original files (as they were before I started tagging them) are the exact same way, so I obviously messed something up while ripping it.