Author Topic: How do you refresh/rescan device libraries?  (Read 2672 times)

RetroGameReaper

I use MusicBee to transfer files to my NW-A55 and whenever I go to look at the device's music so I can edit it, I get the "The file(s) being edited have been updated outside of MusicBee - you may need to rescan them to ensure the most recent tag values are displayed and saved." error message. I've tried scanning for new files and the "Rescan All Files" option, but that only affects my computer's library and not the device.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'm not sure that will help, since I don't think the goal is to add the device tracks to the regular library.

@RetroGameReaper, are you trying to edit the track tags or just add/remove tracks? If the former, I'd suggest making the changes in your library and then re-syncing. Even with the great wifi sync app, I don't think tag changes get synced back.

In any case, I don't think you need to worry too much about that message. That happens to me with my NAS occasionally, which I think has to do with the files being re-indexed or something.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

RetroGameReaper

First:

Second:

But then this happened...
https://imgur.com/a/xJfLm0C (sorry it's not an embedded picture, Imgur hasn't been working when I do it on any site anymore)

RetroGameReaper

I'm not sure that will help, since I don't think the goal is to add the device tracks to the regular library.

@RetroGameReaper, are you trying to edit the track tags or just add/remove tracks? If the former, I'd suggest making the changes in your library and then re-syncing. Even with the great wifi sync app, I don't think tag changes get synced back.

In any case, I don't think you need to worry too much about that message. That happens to me with my NAS occasionally, which I think has to do with the files being re-indexed or something.

It's more of the former, but I'll see what happens if I continue with the message anyway.