Author Topic: can I know where does musicbee store edit-> volume adjustment ?  (Read 2093 times)

gaiastar

Hi
i have searched in the forum , i have found some informations ,but not where does musicbee does store  edit-> volume adjustment values

1)
can I know where does musicbee  store edit-> volume adjustment values? because i can't find such information in the tags with mp3tag ,tagscan and musicbee ?

i'm not sure , but with this feature my song sound loud without clipping

2)
is there a way to find all the songs with  edit-> volume adjustment values changed ?
autoplaylist has no option

i use the last version ,under w7 and w10

thanks
the screenshots

Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 08:33:16 AM by gaiastar
MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
At least in MP3 files, it's stored as a tag called Relative Volume Adjustment, tag code RVA2.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

gaiastar

At least in MP3 files, it's stored as a tag called Relative Volume Adjustment, tag code RVA2.
hi psychoadept
but how can i remove for lots of file or find all the files with the edit-> volume adjustment values ?
musibee doesn't read this tag value ,does it ?
or other free software like mp3tag ..

thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, the tag is read and written at least by MusicBee. You can use the Remove Tags command in the Tools menu to remove it from a lot of tracks at once. It'll be under RVAD or RVA2 depending on your format, actually. It's in the chart here: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Tagging#remember_playback_position
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

gaiastar

Yes, the tag is read and written at least by MusicBee. You can use the Remove Tags command in the Tools menu to remove it from a lot of tracks at once. It'll be under RVAD or RVA2 depending on your format, actually. It's in the chart here: https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Tagging#remember_playback_position
hi psychoadept

an auto playlist should find them ?
is there a way to way other software like mp3tag & tagscan to read these values?

auto playlist doesn't find them
i  have tried with this autoplaylist
but it doesn't found them (they are mp3)
thanks for the link and support

Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 09:51:43 AM by gaiastar

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
auto playlist doesn't find them
i  have tried with this autoplaylist
but it doesn't found them (they are mp3)

That auto-playlist won't work, because RVAD is the tag code used to store the tag, not an actual tag value.  You would need an auto-playlist like "Volume Adjustment has a value". Looking now, I don't see volume adjustment as an option for making a playlist, so that maybe a wishlist request. [Sorry, got your post confused with another one earlier.]
Last Edit: September 15, 2020, 06:53:54 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
One more thought: It's gimmicky and may have unexpected results, but in order to access the tag you could try creating a custom tag of RVAD (for ID3v2.3) or RVA2 (for 2.4), which you will then be able to give a name and access in playlists.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Steven

• Administrator
I have added "Volume Adjustment" as a field that can be displayed in the Tracks view for the main panel.
To remove unwanted values, sort by this field, select the files and then use Tools/ Tagging Tools/ Remove Tags and choose RVAD as the tag to remove

gaiastar

I have added "Volume Adjustment" as a field that can be displayed in the Tracks view for the main panel.
To remove unwanted values, sort by this field, select the files and then use Tools/ Tagging Tools/ Remove Tags and choose RVAD as the tag to remove
hi Steven
it's nice
but could be added in the future release a feature to show all the audio file with "Volume Adjustment" or have the possibility to use an auto playlist
the problem is with an huge database with many many terabyts of music , i mean to find them

thanks

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If you do as Steven suggested and sort by that in the main panel, then you will find all of them at once.

Also, you don't actually have to sort them in order to use the remove tag feature, but it does help with processing fewer files
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

gaiastar

If you do as Steven suggested and sort by that in the main panel, then you will find all of them at once.

Also, you don't actually have to sort them in order to use the remove tag feature, but it does help with processing fewer files

hi
may i ask a question ?
should I do create a new custom field or virtual field?
because i haven't in the list Volume Adjustment
maybe a screenshot of custom or virtual field will help me a lot

thanks
have a nice week end

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

Have you installed the patch since Steven made that post? If not, you can download it from my signature.  Then you shouldn't have to do anything special to access the tag.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

gaiastar

Have you installed the patch since Steven made that post? If not, you can download it from my signature.  Then you shouldn't have to do anything special to access the tag.
hi
i have the last version Version 3.3.7491
should I install the lastest beta patch 3.4?
thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
i have the last version Version 3.3.7491
should I install the lastest beta patch 3.4?
That's quite an old version (July 2020) and therefore wouldn't have the fix that Steven provided in his post. Current 3.3 is at least 3.3.7520. I'm not sure if Steven added his fix to 3.3 so I suggest you download the latest 3.4, which while in beta, is very very stable. If you want to stick with 3.3 download the patch and see if Steven's fix works. If not, go for 3.4. Both are available in my sig and psychoadept's sig.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here