Author Topic: Solution to Notepad++ not saving on exit  (Read 3040 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Maybe this was just me, but somehow my notepad++ settings got changed recently and it wasn't saving on exit, which threw me for several loops (including some of the testing with the Tag Hierarchy Explorer, when I thought I'd updated the file and it wasn't actually saved).  Anyway, if anyone else runs into this problem, here's the solution: https://community.notepad-plus-plus.org/topic/13752/save-on-exit
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

hiccup

As an avid NP++ user:
What was your issue exactly?
Didn't it save when you confirmed you wanted stuff saved? Didn't hitting the red X prompt for a save action?
The link to the solution is more then three years old, is this still a current issue?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Didn't hitting the red X prompt for a save action?

This is what I mean by not saving on exit. I would close the window, and it held on to the changes internally, but didn't apply them or prompt to save the file.

Yes, I noticed that's a few years old but it solved the problem for me today. That's why I made this post today.

I thought it might have affected other people because I would swear I've never seen that settings page before, let alone messed with it. I definitely wouldn't have connected the setting with the effect it had.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
I would swear I've never seen that settings page before, let alone messed with it. I definitely wouldn't have connected the setting with the effect it had.
I've been using NP++ for more years than I've been using MB. I have seen that settings page perhaps from the beginning of my use. Or perhaps a little. I always make sure my "backup on save" is set to "simple backup." So I -know- that page has been there for a while. And while I know there was some setting above the setting I always check, I never paid attention to it. Checking now, it's disabled, but your find is interesting and good to know about.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here