Author Topic: Sound Level--Bluetooth  (Read 894 times)

Knightmare

I don't know why, but for some reason, I keep having to adjust the volume of my Bluetooth headphones whenever I open MusicBee. The volume in Windows 10 shows that the volume is 80, but it doesn't sound like 80. As a test, I lowered the volume to around 70 and it got louder! I don't know if this is a MB thing or a Windows thing, but my Bluetooth does this often. I'm not sure how to word this, so bare with me: I have MusicBee set to lower/raise the volume of songs so that all of them are set to 0 db volume. I wasn't sure if this has an affect on the volume issue or not.

Knightmare

Knightmare

I think I know what might be happening, but I need to test it.

Knightmare

It only appears to happen when I'm playing audio from another source when I activate MB. For example, if I'm watching a YT video, but I pause to listen to some music, then the volume will become higher on Windows in view, but when I lower the volume, the music gets louder.

The Incredible Boom Boom

If you're using WASAPI (Exclusive) in MB, your volume level will possibly be much lower than other programs that are likely using DirectSound.

Knightmare

I'm not using WASAPI, I'm using direct sound. I think there might be some conflict with Windows and absolute volume with Bluetooth. I did a repair install of Windows, and that seems to have fixed the issue. Maybe I did too many things to customize my system. I also uninstalled my Realtek sound driver and started using the Windows 10 High Def Audio Driver. I think I'll just start trusting Windows drivers vs trusting my motherboard-offered drivers. I also did this with my chipset drivers, so I'm thinking it was just a driver issue.

EDIT: I lied. I was set to WASAPI (Shared) and it was working fine. Hmmm... The plot thickens. I could have sworn I was using Direct Sound. Now I'm really confused. What should I be using? I swear I was using Direct Sound when the issue was happening.
Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 02:47:05 AM by Knightmare

vincent kars

To the best of my knowledge, WASAPI(shared mode) = Direct Sound.
Maybe by changing drivers, the name has changed as well.