Author Topic: Finnish translation (suomi)  (Read 581 times)

Heathen Hammer

I made this thread as a placeholder for Finnish language support. But I'm not very technological at all, so any help anyone can provide is welcome.

I should mention that Finnish is not my first language (it is in fact my fourth), opettelen vielä! So, looking for native speakers to assist as well!

hiccup

But I'm not very technological at all, …
You don't need that much technical skills to create a language file:

- Download the baseline translation file from this post.
- Open the file in a text editor of your choice, and then replace all instances of '$$$' with the Finnish translation of the English text string that is right above it.

If you save that file in MusicBee's Localisation folder as e.g. Finnish.lng , it will be available in MusicBee to select as the interface language and you can check the results real-time.

hiccup

I'm curious Heathen Hammer;
Has my reply been useful to you?
Or are you perhaps not really looking for 'help' or 'assistance' on creating a Finnish translation, but more hoping that somebody else will be willing to take the task of creating a Finnish translation upon him/her?
Last Edit: February 02, 2024, 06:33:12 PM by hiccup

Heathen Hammer

Haha, the answer to both of your questions is yes! But I have also begun the translations myself, since I have a feeling that it may be a while before a native speaker offers assistance (if ever). When I am finished I will post it here.

If any native speakers should happen upon this thread, I'd be more than happy to turn my work over to you, I'm sure there are many mistakes 😅

hiccup

Great. The best of luck on your quest ;-)
Translating is usually some (heavy) labour of love, with little to none feedback or appreciation.

Perhaps post a terrible version, so that some annoyed Fin will jump in to correct all the stupid mistakes? ;-)