Author Topic: Add "color" to custom font selection  (Read 1082 times)

Tybot

When setting a custom font in for example album and tracks view it would be nice to have the option to also set a custom color. That color would override whatever the skins says and it would also be saved with the view and/or tab layout. It would therefore only apply and be displayed when that specific view is selected, all other tabs and views would use whatever is the default for the skin.

A screen just to show where I'm talking about: https://i.imgur.com/cFTo7Uz.jpg

Not sure if this is even possible but if it is, it would be a great addition.

hiccup

The problem with setting (any) text colors in MusicBee is that they will usually only work well for the selected skin, and can pose problems when switching to another skin. (especially when switching between light and dark)

Why not just edit the skin(s) you are using to your liking?
Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 06:18:42 PM by hiccup

Tybot

The problem with setting (any) text colors in MusicBee is that they will usually only work well for the selected skin, and can pose problems when switching to another skin. (especially when switching between light and dark)

Why not just edit the skin(s) you are using to your liking?

I understand your argument and my suggestion was mainly made from my point of view, and I don't switch skins often, if ever, so that wouldn't be a problem for me. But I absolutely see how it would be an issue when one switches skins.

Well, the thing is, the color I chose for one header looks perfect for my classical library but it's not blending in as well with my modern one. You did advise me to use two different instances of musicbee which would have solved this problem had I chosen to follow it, but I didn't so I probably shouldn't complain...