Author Topic: Exluded tracks syncing despite indications otherwise.  (Read 1950 times)

bigdonkey1

So i'm trying to sync my music and using both tick and ban to exclude songs i don't want to hear but do want in my library, obviously these shouldn't be syncing and the sync page acknowledges and says this (see example of 4,600 excluded tracks)

and yet every time i sync, there they are where i don't want them, taking up time and space

https://imgur.com/TJO6i13

Steven

• Administrator
Banned tracks are not excluded from synching
Unticked tracks are excluded, except for when they are in a playlist. It looks intentional but i dont recall the reasoning.
You could create an auto-playlist that reads the playlist(s) and excludes unticked files, and use the auto-playlist for synching instead of the static playlist. You could also exclude banned tracks that way

bigdonkey1

Is there any way for that to be an option? I've got almost 300 playlists and use them to organise my stuff so would want them all synced but obviously don't want the banned stuff included... it's frankly bizarre that playlists supercede both of the other methods of filtering a track from playback/sync.