Author Topic: Drag and Drop Tag Editing  (Read 1518 times)

Hapkidoist

Here’s the idea…

Let’s say you look at your collection in “Album and Tracks” view and you see an album that has 10 songs right next the same album with 2 songs that aren’t included because of minor tag differences.  Maybe the artist name is spelled a little different or the genre is missing or different from the tracks in the other album.  It would be nice if you could just grab the album with 2 songs and drag it onto the album with 10 songs and have the app automatically update the tags of the 2 songs to match the tags of the 10 songs.

It would update the Album Art, Artist, Album, Year, Genre, Disc, and maybe any other tags that are shared between all the tracks.  Especially the ones I listed, though.  It could also work with just grabbing a track and dragging it onto a different album.  The album you drag the tracks or album onto has the shared values you use to overwrite the tags on whatever was being dragged.  

This could also work within the same album if the album is grouped together because of your sorting, but one track has a different year.  Just drag the wrong year track onto the album cover of the album it’s in, and the year would be updated to the year being used by the rest of the tracks in the album.

Since you obviously like to let people made their own choices in MusicBee, you could add a setting where you let us check off the fields we want to be overwritten when drag and drop tag editing happens.

The Zune app used to have some of these drag and drop features back in the day and it made organizing a music collection so much easier.  It had other issues, but it got that one thing right.

Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 03:59:43 AM by Hapkidoist

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

I don't know how many fields it affects, but this is already an option. I believe there's a setting in Tags Preferences to allow drag & drop tagging.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Hapkidoist

Never mind.  :)  This is such a great app with so many options.  It's just crazy good.  Thanks!

phred

• Global Moderator
I don't know how many fields it affects, but this is already an option. I believe there's a setting in Tags Preferences to allow drag & drop tagging.
How in the name of all things Bee-like, did I ever miss this option?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

I don't think any of us except Steven really know everything MusicBee can do...
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

The Incredible Boom Boom

Who tf you tellin'?? I've noticed it, but didn't know what it meant, so ignored it. Using this would have saved me so much time. 😭

phred

• Global Moderator
I don't think any of us except Steven really know everything MusicBee can do...
And even he may not know everything about the Bee.

Who tf you tellin'?? I've noticed it, but didn't know what it meant, so ignored it. Using this would have saved me so much time. 😭
Me too!
I'm going to have to purposely mis-tag an album just to see this feature in action.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here