Author Topic: Mark files as orphaned in Library before deleting  (Read 893 times)

gobater

My collection of audio files is stored in a NAS server, which Ms Windows mounts as a network drive.

Sporadically, Windows fails to map the NAS folder to a network drive. If I start Music Bee and the Network drive is not available, MusicBee deletes all the tracks from my library, which is quite annoying.
I can mount the drive and re-scan the folder to re-add the files again to the library but the statistics (last played, added date, ...) will be lost.

It would be nice if MusicBee insteas of directly removing those tracks from the lib (maybe after X weeks?) would mark them as "orphaned", keeping them and the statistics in the DB in case the the same (hash?) file becomes available again.

Steven

• Administrator
I am surprised MB would remove the files as it does distinguish between files on a drive that is not accessible from files that no longer exist. And even when files do not exist MB should prompt to confirm removal unless you disable the prompt.
Is the drive mapped to a drive letter or added as a network share within musicbee?
If you untick "check for missing and updated files on startup" from the library preferences that it wont do any check at all so should not remove any files
Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 11:03:23 AM by Steven

Zak

• Global Moderator
I have my music on a mapped NAS drive too and if i start MusicBee before the drive is available it just shows them with a red 'x' next to their name.
It doesn't delete anything from the library.
Bee excellent to each other...