Author Topic: file transfer  (Read 1829 times)

jugg

Hi, i just installed music bee and some of the files did not transfer.I was using groove

but music bee is so much better.  Is there a way to get all my music files and some of my
playlist,s.?

any help would be appreciated. oh, i am not a computer wiz.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Can you give an example of a file that didn't transfer? What did you do to get into MusicBee?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

jugg

music files songs. and some playlists. let me start from the beginning. first was windows media player,then groove so when i transfered to music be ,seems only the music from the windows media player transfered, and everything i downloaded to groove stayed behind,

does this help?

jugg

also there are a black circle with a exclamation mark. for duplicate songs and ones that dont play.says missing extension.

frankz

Did you scan the folder where these files are located to import them? Musicbee doesn't know where your music files are unless you tell it.

You should read this before continuing.

https://musicbee.fandom.com/wiki/Importing

jugg

wow, that worked. but the title,s of the songs are not displayed. and all my playlist were imported except 1 ?

jugg

Also, after the files finished transfering it said all files where not able to download and something i forget.

jugg

even though my playlist transfered they dont play! i think this is why a deleted this a couple years ago.

I really appreciate your help .i really like this music player.

jugg

how do i put a short cut on my desk top?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
For the titles not showing up, open the tag editor to see if there is a title tag. If not, you will have to add it.

To find error messages that you dismissed, you can look at the error log in Help > Support.

Check that the file paths in the playlist match the file paths of the current location of the tracks. If they don't match you may be able to use the Relink Music File Paths command to fix it.
Last Edit: August 28, 2020, 09:17:46 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

jugg

phred

• Global Moderator
Please check the FAQ available from the HELP section at the top of the forum header. Or from the same place on the MB website.
Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 12:28:45 AM by phred
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here