Author Topic: Playlists are shown as copied but are not  (Read 1407 times)

EGOlein

Hi experts,

It used to work months ago but something has changed (perhaps the MusicBee Version, perhaps some customizing in MusicBee or Android - I do not know).

system
MusicBee's latest version 3.3.7491 (installed)
Windows 10

USB cable sync
PlayerPro
sync to SD card / internal storage on a Nokia 8 with Android 9

what happens (not):
When I sync MusicBee to my smartphone MusicBee shows that all files and playlists are copied (with some very big playlist an error is shown that they are not copied - that's another problem and okay for the moment). However, only 29 playlist of approx. 150 are synced to Android using m3u-playlists. I assume that mp3 files are all copied correctly, the problem only occurs with playlists.

what I already tried
I tried other playlist formats which are copied completly but PlayerPro does not read those formats.
I tried to sync to another internal directory and on the SD card (customised in MusicBee device preferences).
I tried to find an equality of those playlists which are copied and those which are not but acutally found none. Automatic playlists are affected but also sometimes copied as well as manual playlists.

Can anybody help me and give me a hint what to do to copy all playlists to Android phone?

Thanks
EGOlein
Last Edit: August 25, 2020, 02:25:53 PM by EGOlein

phred

• Global Moderator
The only thing I can think of is to try a WiFi sync. Not only is it substantially faster than a wired sync, it's been working error-free for me for quite some time.

You can get the app from the Play Store. I would add that you need to do a wired -preview- before you use the WiFi sync, but only the very first time. You don't need to do it again unless you change phones.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

EGOlein

Hi phred,

Sorry for responding so late. I needed to try it but had some technical problems.

However, it works. I assume this is an error in Musicbee since I read about others with similar problems.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards
Stefan