Author Topic: Universal filter for playlist mixer  (Read 907 times)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I'd love it if, in addition to the individual criteria within a playlist mixer, you could apply a filter that would affect all of them.

The use case I'm currently looking at is that I have a playlist mixer that draws from a few different playlists where I've categorized my dance music, which has actually made MusicBee a pretty effective DJ for dancing. One place a universal filter would be helpful is that I have a rule "last played is not in the 1d" which is in each of the criteria, just to keep tracks from repeating. So that part is very redundant. I just need to be able to tell the mixer how many tracks to pull from each playlist, and any other settings will apply to all of them equally.

But once that's set up, at least it doesn't have to be messed with. The bigger reason for this request is that, based on the audience, I might want to filter out tracks that have strong language or violent or sexual content. Right now the only way to do that is to edit each playlist, or each criteria in the mixer, to filter for the tag I have on those tracks. If I could make a universal filter, it would be simple to add or remove it as needed.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
The playlist mixer dialog now allows the entry of a filtering query that is applied to all criteria in the mixer list

https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Awesome, thanks!
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)