Author Topic: "Unable to locate any pictures for album" on all searches (Update)  (Read 2872 times)

arielreyes001

Hello all!

I was updating my album covers and everything was going well when suddenly all of them started giving the above error. Now, even if I go back to some of the ones it found an hour ago it doesn't work. It doesn't seem to actually search either, I get the error immediately after clicking the search. All the other internet related functions seem to work well, including auto-tag by album.

I found an old post that said to disable fanart because they were having server trouble then. I tried that with each option. I disabled all but one at a time to see if my results would be different, but none of the 4 worked.

I am on version 3.3.710. Windows 10. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

AR

Update: It seems I made a mistake earlier, it is not all searches. It doesn't find any search or find any album under "Various Artists". I can find albums under individual artist names. Is this intentional?
Last Edit: January 21, 2020, 09:14:10 PM by arielreyes001

joninge

I've had the same trouble, but for me it sometimes seems to be better if both Album Artist and the actual Artist are set to Various Artists.  Still not foolproof, but I've had better luck that way.  Some compilation albums just don't come back with anything, though, which does seem odd when they're widely available recordings; examples for me include the soundtrack albums from the Big Chill and for Grosse Point Blank.

arielreyes001

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that just now and still didn't get any results. I see the same whether it's a soundtrack or not. Anything with Various Artists does not pull up any results. I'm a little surprised because in iTunes they all appear with the artist name as "Various Artists" and iTunes is one of my sources.

Any other suggestions? Is this working for others here? I could have sworn it's worked before lol...

Jeffndy

Try not putting in the Various Artist in the "Album Artist" field. I have had some luck with that.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think this post pre-dated the google problem, but for anyone currently encountering this problem, try updating to the latest patch in my signature.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
Recent versions available from the first forum topic no longer restrict artwork searches on "Various Artists"

LordFader

I think this post pre-dated the google problem, but for anyone currently encountering this problem, try updating to the latest patch in my signature.

I try to run your patch... and:

Win 10 & MusicBee v.3.3.7491

phred

• Global Moderator
I try to run your patch... and:
You don't -run- the patch. You extract the files in the ZIP to your current MB directory and let them OVERWRITE the existing files. -Then- run MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here