Author Topic: [CD Ripping Help] CD Ripping Combines/Cuts Off Tracks  (Read 1272 times)

ah1

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Hello, I'm a long time MusicBee user, but I've never had an issue I couldn't solve until now, so excuse my newness to the forums.  I recently decided to digitize my old CDs using MusicBee.  90% of the rips came out fine, but in about 10% of cases, the software is combining tracks.  Basically, it will add a silent period to a song and start the next song in the file for the present song.  If I were to go to the song it chopped off, that song would start mid-song at the point the last one ended.

This is quite frustrating, and I'm sure there is something I'm doing wrong rather than something inherent in the program.  I have not messed with the default settings aside from telling it where to save and asking it to play a noise when finished.

Any help would be appreciated.

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9340
Current MB version and installer type?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

psychoadept

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10691
Hi, welcome to the forum!

In your settings for CD ripping, do you have "secure with error recovery" selected, or just "quick rip"? I would try secure rip first if you don't have that selected yet.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

ah1

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Current MB version and installer type?

Executable installer on Windows 10, version 3.3.7261.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

In your settings for CD ripping, do you have "secure with error recovery" selected, or just "quick rip"? I would try secure rip first if you don't have that selected yet.

Thanks for the welcome.  I am using quick rip.  I've used it successfully plenty in the past, this is the first time I've noticed a problem.  I am trying again as we speak using a slower read speed and with accuracy verification on.  I will also give your suggestion a shot.  Thank you.

EDIT: I also want to add that I did verify the CD tracks on a separate program to ensure that they are actually separated on the disc and not mixed together.
Last Edit: August 24, 2020, 03:56:08 PM by ah1

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9340
Executable installer on Windows 10, version 3.3.7261.
Your version of MB is quite old - from November of last year. Try patching to either the latest 3.3 or even 3.4 from the links in my sig. Either one simple unzips over your current installation.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

ah1

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 6
Executable installer on Windows 10, version 3.3.7261.
Your version of MB is quite old - from November of last year. Try patching to either the latest 3.3 or even 3.4 from the links in my sig. Either one simple unzips over your current installation.

Thanks.  That actually surprised me since I did update the day before I started doing this (last week).  Maybe it just upgraded me to the next level up and not the most recent one.  I didn't even question it.

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9340
With 3.4 in a very stable beta at this point, Steven is issuing patches every couple of days.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here