Author Topic: Hide artist names in files artwork view  (Read 1846 times)

beestard

Can you please make it so that we can hide the artist's name in the files grid? As you can see in the below screenshot, I would like to browse using the artist's logo's alone!
Cheers.

hiccup

You can already achieve that by emptying the fields under 'fields displayed'.

beestard

Thank you for your reply.

It would seem that way, but when I clear all fields the artist name still displays for me. Interestingly, when I change the font size of the blank field, it does indeed change the text size (as demonstrated in the below screenshot) In fact, it doesn't seem to matter what variable I set the first field to, it always displays the artist name. I wonder if this is a bug?

Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 07:13:43 PM by beestard

hiccup

Not sure, but you could use a virtual tag that displays nothing and select it as the sole field displayed?

beestard

Thanks for the suggestion, but it doesn't matter what I change the field to display (virtual or standard) it displays the artist name. Even so, I think that a blank virtual tag would still leave a transparent box over the artwork.

hiccup

Strange. For me it shows nothing else than the artwork.
I notice you are using a custom view for setting this, perhaps that's a factor?

beestard

Thanks for taking the time to check for me.

It does the same for the default view. Even stranger, I tried a fresh install, then the beta, then both again with a portable installation. Same results each time! If it's not doing it for you, it must be something it doesn't like about my system.

For the moment, I've set it to use an invisible font, although this leaves a transparent bar across the bottom of the images (as would be expected). Looks like I'll just have to live with it! Thanks for your advise all the same.
Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 08:26:49 PM by beestard

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Strange. For me it shows nothing else than the artwork.
I notice you are using a custom view for setting this, perhaps that's a factor?

Are you using Artists or Albums view? I can remove all text in Albums view, but not Artists.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

phred

• Global Moderator
For the moment, I've set it to use an invisible font, although this leaves a transparent bar across the bottom of the images (as would be expected).
Right-click on 'Ablums' at the upper left of the main panel > Customize Panle > disable overlay fields inside of artwork > enable display fields below artwork
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

beestard

Right-click on 'Ablums' at the upper left of the main panel > Customize Panle > disable overlay fields inside of artwork > enable display fields below artwork

This just moves the still visible artist label under the image.

Ahha! I was using Albums. Seems the potential bug is consistent with both of our systems. When I use Artists the text disapears for me too. Unfortunately, albums doesn't seem to let me paste in a custom artist, which I spent countless hours creating for each artist in photoshop  ::)

hiccup

It's working for me. Something else must be in play here.
Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 09:10:05 PM by hiccup

hiccup

In your screenshot there, are you displaying Album Covers or Artists? Because Album Covers IS working correctly for me, its only the Artists mode which doesn't.

You literaly said you were using albums, so was I.
Now you are saying you are using artists. Yet in your screenshots it looked like albumart was showing.
I hope things were cleared up for you a bit, I'm out.
Last Edit: August 19, 2020, 09:11:24 PM by hiccup

phred

• Global Moderator

You said you were using an invisible font that eliminates the artist's name but leaves an blank overlay on the artwork. Doing what I suggested will remove the overlay. You'll probably have a blank line under the art, but if the font works with the overlay it will work with it below the art.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

beestard

You said you were using an invisible font that eliminates the artist's name but leaves an blank overlay on the artwork. Doing what I suggested will remove the overlay. You'll probably have a blank line under the art, but if the font works with the overlay it will work with it below the art.

Doing this now, and as expected there's a blank line (not too bad!) Thanks you!