Author Topic: Sort options for the left panel in Music Explorer  (Read 6053 times)

Goblet

Thanks for the reply in questions Steven

Request is to add sort options for the left side bar in the Music Explorer tab. I'd like to sort artists by the number of albums they're credited on, but could see this being extended for things like ascending/descending alphabetical order, number of tracks, number of plays, etc. Highlighted below is the tab I'm talking about.

Goblet

Sorry if I shouldn't bump this, but I figure it's ok since it'll maybe get some renewed activity. I think it'd overhaul Music Explorer quite a bit, as at the moment it's a bit too full-on to really try and navigate it when you have thousands of artists with 1 album each. I'm largely interested in seeing a sort function by number of albums as that'd counter that issue, but YMMV.

Goblet

Gonna bump this again as I've been messing around with the thumbnail explorer a tad and I feel it shows that the music explorer's filter panel is comparatively outdated.

Left shows the thumbnail explorer, right shows the music explorer's filter panel

Whilst the filter panel works well for smaller options, others are effectively impossible to navigate as they're dominated and bloated by single-use displays (ie single album artists with the artist display, extremely niche genres bloating the genre display). I'd go so far as to say that the thumbnail browser should straight up replace the music explorer's filter panel, as it fulfils the same task as far as I can see whilst being much more fleshed out.

Steven

• Administrator
for the next update i have included sort by name and sort by count

Goblet

for the next update i have included sort by name and sort by count

Thank you so much Steven, the work you put into MusicBee is nothing short of fantastic.