Author Topic: Use Capitalize and Search and Replace on Playlists  (Read 2834 times)

Capt_Blakhelm

The Capitalize and Search and Replace functions are very handy for cleaning up grammar and punctuation problems of tracks downloaded from the Internet.

Playlists have the same problem when for example, many game playlist files in torrents start with a "00" or "000" for no obvious reason. It's pointless to have dozens of playlists starting with the same number.

Anyways, it would be very handy if I could use those same tools somehow on the playlist names themselves, simply because I have so many and the vast majority of them have "issue" like this i'd rather not going and manually edit on each one.

Not an important feature for me, but it would be very convenient. :)

phred

• Global Moderator
Take a look at the Advanced Search and Replace function of the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools plugin.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Capt_Blakhelm

Take a look at the Advanced Search and Replace function of the Additional Tagging and Reporting Tools plugin.

Just installed it and

BOY. This screen is daunting to say the least, so it's going to take a while for me to investigate it.

However, from the little I've seen of it, and I even tried importing preset, I don't see anything that mentions "Playlists" or the editing of Playlist names. I haven't dug deep enough into it, but it still seems this is dedicated to editing tags with in tracks. - I am looking to edit the Playlist names themselves.

Edit: I see that these presets have an option to apply itself only if it is included in a playlist, but that still is for editing tracks and not the playlist itself, if I'm reading it correctly.
Last Edit: July 25, 2021, 08:24:47 PM by Capt_Blakhelm