Author Topic: R0003 - File System Copy/Paste  (Read 1977 times)

StellarWind

I use the Storage view of the file system to view the contents of a uSD card on my laptop when traveling.  This is when I test drive new music, tag it, classify it, etc.  When I get home, I move these songs from the uSD to the main collection on a separate computer.  I use two directories "To Process" and "Ready to Import".  So if I have a new music collection to audit ("My New Album"), I start with that being inside of "To Process".  When done, I move it to "Ready to Import".

Can you add a feature to:
a) Allow Folder Name --> Right Click --> Cut.  Then destination directory ("Ready to Import") --> Right Click --> Paste.

b) Allow directory moves from within MusicBee using drag and drop. 

This feature existed in MediaMonkey so I made heavy use of it.

Zak

• Global Moderator
a) Allow Folder Name --> Right Click --> Cut.  Then destination directory ("Ready to Import") --> Right Click --> Paste.

You can do both of those things in the Computer node in the left sidebar.
I think it's enabled by default, or you can go to Edit > Edit Preferences > Layout (1) to enable it.
Bee excellent to each other...

StellarWind

You can do both of those things in the Computer node in the left sidebar.
I think it's enabled by default, or you can go to Edit > Edit Preferences > Layout (1) to enable it.

'\Computer' was already enabled.  It only shows C:.  I'm working off an SD card which is mounted as E:\ and located in the Tree under \Devices\E:\Storage.  Under that, there is no Cut/Paste.

phred

• Global Moderator
Right-click on 'computer' in the left sidebar > manage folders > choose filtered folders. Once chosen you can decide to show -only- the filtered folders or -all- folders.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

StellarWind

Right-click on 'computer' in the left sidebar > manage folders > choose filtered folders. Once chosen you can decide to show -only- the filtered folders or -all- folders.

It was already set to Show All Folders.  Also, if I select "Choose Filtered Folders", E:\ does not show up in the list.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I think sd and usb drives won't show up in the computer section. They should show up as devices, though, which will still let you access the files on them.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

StellarWind

I think removable drives won't show up in the computer section. They should show up as devices, though, which will still let you access the files on them.

It does, but Cut/Paste is missing from under \Devices\E:\Storage\xxx\yyyy\zzz\.

Steven

• Administrator
That is already supported. However by default folder drag/drop is disabled.
On the Computer node, right click/ Manage Folders/ Allow Folders to be moved

StellarWind

That is true, under the Computer Node, however, the microSD card does not appear under Computer.  It appears under Devices --> E:\ --> Storage  only, which has no option to 'allow folders to be moved' and has no Cut/Paste context menu.

Steven

• Administrator
yes i know. The option can be set from the computer node as instructed

StellarWind