Author Topic: Output switch hotkey  (Read 4454 times)

Rotem K.

Steven,

listening to music I have MusicBee's output set to DirectSound > SPDIF.

When I'm done listening and want to switch to something else, say a video, since SPDIF is a bit perfect output and has only one audio session a time, I need to go to preferences menu and switch it back to DirectSound > Speakers to hear anything outside MusicBee.

If it's possible, could you please add an hotkey setting that will switch between the outputs ?

Thanks,
Rotem

Steven

• Administrator
listening to music I have MusicBee's output set to DirectSound > SPDIF.
did you mean WASAPI -> SPDIF ?

if it is wasapi, it should be releasing the output device from exclusive use when you stop the music file ie. without needing to switch back to directsound

Rotem K.

But, WASAPI SPDIF works too, and as you said, releases the hold when nothing is playing.

So unless DirectSound is any better then WASAPI, I guess there's no need for the hotkey as I'll just use that.

Thanks!

Rotem K.

I'm using the WASAPI SPDIF setting, but there's an issue now every time MusicBee moves between songs.
I have cross-fade on, and every time a song ends there's a gap in the sound, where the WASAPI releases the output exclusivity, and then gain it again for the next song.

"UNLOCKED' and then "PCM 2/0" appears on the receiver.

Also the first half second of any song I manually start gets cut with the same issue. like a delay till the WASAPI or the receiver gets the output or playback going.

Is there anything that can be done about this ?
Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 01:15:18 PM by Rotem K.

Steven

• Administrator
if you have cross-fading enabled in the player preferences then there should only be one continous stream until you click the stop button. I will probably need to report this to the bass developer so you will need to go back to using directsound for now