Author Topic: R0001 - More Encode Custom Settings.  (Read 4846 times)

The Incredible Boom Boom

Well, it's up to you then.
Stick around and contribute with useful input that might help to make MusicBee even better, or find your satisfaction and try to reach your goals elsewhere.

The snowflakes here won't melt either way.

We'll see.  The long term support of this project is a big black hole contingent on one person.  I'd love for him to maintain control but there's nothing stopping this project from disappearing forever overnight.

How horrid, that there might be the possibility of one less thing in the world meant to serve (for free) you!

In any case, as I said, all this snark is unproductive. It seems MusicBee gets you ninety percent of what you nEeD... so, instead of being a drain on the community, be a contributor and write plug-ins (for which an API is available) for the hyper-specific demands that apply only to your environment and workflow.

Alternatively, you could pay all of Steven's bills and living expenses. Then maybe we'd be more considerate of you telling him what he was to do with his projects.

StellarWind

Well, it's up to you then.
Stick around and contribute with useful input that might help to make MusicBee even better, or find your satisfaction and try to reach your goals elsewhere.

The snowflakes here won't melt either way.

We'll see.  The long term support of this project is a big black hole contingent on one person.  I'd love for him to maintain control but there's nothing stopping this project from disappearing forever overnight.

How horrid, that there might be the possibility of one less thing in the world meant to serve (for free) you!

In any case, as I said, all this snark is unproductive. It seems MusicBee gets you ninety percent of what you nEeD... so, instead of being a drain on the community, be a contributor and write plug-ins (for which an API is available) for the hyper-specific demands that apply only to your environment and workflow.

Alternatively, you could pay all of Steven's bills and living expenses. Then maybe we'd be more considerate of you telling him what he was to do with his projects.

Why are you so bothered by someone's requirements?  Obviously he's doing it for free and obviously no one is entitled to the fruits of his labor.  But that's not the point.  The point is that users have to make significant time investments into software like this in order to use it.  I'm simply pointing out that a requirement for me is long term support.  Obviously I can use it for free and/or walk away from it.  Why does that stop free discussion?   Are ideas dangerous?  I guess so since an authoritarian 'moderator' already locked the thread.  That further points out that this project is troubled - authoritarian moderators.  No speech should be ever banned, no matter how offensive.  You can never have critical thought with censorship.

hiccup

Why does that stop free discussion?   Are ideas dangerous?  I guess so since an authoritarian 'moderator' already locked the thread.  That further points out that this project is troubled - authoritarian moderators.  No speech should be ever banned, no matter how offensive.  You can never have critical thought with censorship.

It doesn't.
You don't seem to have experience, or much understanding of internet fora.

Look at the topic header.
Look at what it has turned into.

Locking this thread is the least that should be done here.

phred

• Global Moderator
Locking this thread is the least that should be done here.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here