Author Topic: HOW TO REDIRECT "LOCATE FILE"  (Read 757 times)

aj

Hi,
I have had musicbee for a while and its been great, but I have just moved my 7000 odd song location to a new drive. The actual songs have migrated perfectly, but I also have some huge playlist that I originally imported from Itunes and then updated as I went along over the yrs (so difficult to recreate).
When migrating the data, the individual song pathways within the playlists have not been retained and so even though I can play the song within the "music" tab of musicbee, I am not able to play it if I click on it from any of the playlists.
I have tried to "re-locate" files however its searching in the wrong location and I have to link each one manually.
Is there a way to control the "re-locate" pathway its searching on?

Thanks in advance.
AJ

frankz

File->Library->Relink Music File Paths

Old Location Left - New Location Right.  

Use the top-most common folder between the two.  In other words, if it was D:\Music\<Album Artist>\<Album> before and is F:\Music\<Album Artist>\<Album>, just use D:\Music and F:\Music in the tool.

I think your playlists may need to be in MB format (mbp not m3u) for it to work on playlists, but I may be wrong there.  Of course, m3u playlists are just text files, so you could Find/Replace in those in a text editor anyway.

aj

Thank you Frankz.

I have found that the relink doesnt work but using note++ does for about 80% of the songs. For the last 20% I will manually go through and tag them as I think in the end it will work out more time efficient.

One thing this has exposed is the location that the playlist file is being saved. For some reason music bee is putting the file at C:\Users\alexa_000\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Users\alexa_000\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Users\alexa_000\Music\MusicBee\Playlists even through my music is at "C:\Users\alexa_000\Music\"
I have deleted all the files after the first Music, but when I import the playlist again, it goes back to that long file location.
Any ideas on how to control playlist file location saves?

Thanks