Author Topic: Snarl Support  (Read 9683 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i'll check it out - if the API is straight-forward it shouldnt be a problem

GhostLyrics

Thank you very much. And by the way, why not testing Snarl yourself ;)

Steven

• Administrator
i had a quick look - it seems quite straight-forward so i can do this in the near future. I will make it an option in the Now Playing Preferences. But the only thing i couldnt see how to do was displaying the album picture - from what i can see it only provides the ability to include an icon and not a full picture. Not sure if that is important to you though

GhostLyrics

to be perfectly honest I don't care about the album art at all. I'd be glad to receive the currently playing track together with the artist. That is, only for me but it seems like it doesn't matter to other musicbee users as there hasn't been a thread before I started this one.

oh, and thanks for the quick response :D

TlhanGhun

Hi,

always having a look at the Snarl homepage referrers I just found this thread. So if you need/want some help let me know. For your question about cover art support I can tell you that you can provide mostly any image to Snarl (PNG, JPEG, ...) and it'll be resized automatically depending on the size needed of the selected style. And in the upcoming 2.2 release there will be a banner style which will display them in a much bigger way :)

For my Songbird or last.fm e. g. I just throw the path to the image of the cover art to Snarl without even checking how big it is and Snarl does the job for me.

cheers

Sven

Steven

• Administrator
i've implemented basic support (show the track notification) in the latest 1.1 beta. I'll look at implementing the the registered application functionality at a later date

GhostLyrics

I try to understand what you're saying but I don't quite get it...
What works in the newest beta?
The notification if a new songs starts?

so what's the point in integrating the registered app? // on the other hand I have NOT read the code documentation, so if you want to redirect me there instead of answering I won't complain.

Steven

• Administrator
the latest beta should work fine (make sure you download SnarlConnector.dll with the link provided) - it will show the track notification as the song starts playing. Snarl also provides some functionality that allows you to administer the notification behavior of an application (such as MusicBee) from Snarl itself (eg. disable notifications) but MusicBee needs to register with Snarl for you to be able to do that.
I think what i have done so far is the most important thing and certainly usable with Snarl as-is

GhostLyrics

;D it works! wow, so cool to see MusicBee using Snarl. One more reason to stick with this lovely player.
(the only thing it's missing is the hmm.. "heading" like "currently playing" or sth. It looks like the heading is empty right now what leaves an obvious empty line at the top of every notification.)

Other than that: You're perfect! Really.

Steven

• Administrator
no prob - i will include "Currently Playing" in the heading for the next update

Steven

• Administrator
i've done an iPod fix for drbeachboy and it includes the title in notification
http://www.mediafire.com/?izmymy2jzyy
Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 10:41:44 PM by Steven

GhostLyrics

how many times have you actually been told that you're a genius? // now the only thing left for me is to wait for my part a German localizer. Thanks for everything, Steven.

TlhanGhun

:) Just give me a hint when I can/shall add MusicBee to the official list of apps supporting Snarl - I assume it will be something like MusicBee 1.1...

BTW always great to find such lovely software like yours just by following the refereres ;)

Steven

• Administrator
yes adding to your list is fine and glad you like MB!