Author Topic: how can i preserve timestamp replaygain /lyrcis and cover art ?  (Read 1879 times)

gaiastar

hi

may i know if I can preserve timestamp of my audio files downloading covers(album arts) lyrics and replaygain ?

I have used for example volume analysis (it should be replaygain i guess ) for some tracks , and it changed my timestamp

I have many smart playlist to organize my library

I have these settings , I can not find the volume analysis (should be the same of foobar replaygain ,but foobar2000 change always the timestamp , there is no option to preserve it

thanks
last musicbee portable build , windows 10 64bit

MusicBee is the best audio player ever made, Love it ♫♫

sveakul

I have these settings , I can not find the volume analysis

If you right-click a file(s) you can choose SendTo: Volume Analysis.

I'm unaware that saving an album art image or lyrics as embedded tags would modify your file date even when "don't update file modification time when saving tags" is checked, not using that option myself--you have tried doing it, and is that indeed what happens?

Off-topic I noticed your auto-tagging lyrics sources; I would recommend adding Genius to those which I find grabs the majority of searches I do.  I'm assuming you are using the Lyrics Reloaded plugin maintained by frankz.

gaiastar

I have these settings , I can not find the volume analysis

If you right-click a file(s) you can choose SendTo: Volume Analysis.

I'm unaware that saving an album art image or lyrics as embedded tags would modify your file date even when "don't update file modification time when saving tags" is checked, not using that option myself--you have tried doing it, and is that indeed what happens?

Off-topic I noticed your auto-tagging lyrics sources; I would recommend adding Genius to those which I find grabs the majority of searches I do.  I'm assuming you are using the Lyrics Reloaded plugin maintained by frankz.
hi
i guess can edit tag  without changing timestamp , i have read in the changelog

honestly i should try to with new files , i will rip a cd soon and let musicbee add cover , lyrics and cd tags years ,name and so on

i have noticed with Volume Analysis (is like replaygain ?) , it does change the timestamp

I'm assuming you are using the Lyrics Reloaded plugin maintained by frankz

no i'm not using it , and how can  genius auto-tagging lyrics?
does it change timestamp?

in short i don't want to change timestamp of my songs

thanks

sveakul

no i'm not using it , and how can  genius auto-tagging lyrics?

thanks
Hi gaiastar, by auto-tagging I just meant that section of the Tags(2) prefs, I know you probably don't want to auto-SAVE any lyrics into a file without checking them first.  You can add several more sources to your lyrics options (like Genius) by installing the Lyrics Reloaded plugin from the Add-On section of website.  They will add to, not replace, the existing built-in ones.

Why not try using MB to find lyrics for a "test" file that doesn't contain any embedded lyrics, and then go ahead and embed them through the MusicBee interface and see if your file dates are changed.  That's the way to answer your question for sure.

gaiastar

no i'm not using it , and how can  genius auto-tagging lyrics?

thanks
Hi gaiastar, by auto-tagging I just meant that section of the Tags(2) prefs, I know you probably don't want to auto-SAVE any lyrics into a file without checking them first.  You can add several more sources to your lyrics options (like Genius) by installing the Lyrics Reloaded plugin from the Add-On section of website.  They will add to, not replace, the existing built-in ones.

Why not try using MB to find lyrics for a "test" file that doesn't contain any embedded lyrics, and then go ahead and embed them through the MusicBee interface and see if your file dates are changed.  That's the way to answer your question for sure.
hi
about the plugins  Lyrics Reloaded can I know which are the best source ?
because I guess they are minilyrics and darklyrics, but the plug in does miss them
the great plugin find almost everything but only non sync lyrics ,is it normal ? or is my setup
i have setup just like this screenshow
thanks

phred

• Global Moderator
the great plugin find almost everything but only non sync lyrics ,is it normal ? or is my setup
Apparently MiniLyrics is the only site/application that has synced lyrics. Look in the plugin section of the forum as someone create a MiniLyrics plugin.  That might do what you want as far as synced lyrics is concerned.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

gaiastar

Apparently MiniLyrics is the only site/application that has synced lyrics. Look in the plugin section of the forum as someone create a MiniLyrics plugin.  That might do what you want as far as synced lyrics is concerned.
hi
i guess the Steve is the author  , seeing in the forum i can't find the plugins but
are you refering to here or here
thanls

frankz

Both of your links are the same.

The minilyrics program will (I believe) install a plugin for MusicBee that will allow it to know what songs are being played and automatically search for the lyrics.

There is also a MB plugin called minilyrics helper that adds functionality within MB.

gaiastar

The minilyrics program will (I believe) install a plugin for MusicBee that will allow it to know what songs are being played and automatically search for the lyrics.

There is also a MB plugin called minilyrics helper that adds functionality within MB.
hi @frankz
love your plugins , do you think could be possibile to add minilyrics to  Lyrics Reloaded ?
it's an amazing pluing
thanks and take care

frankz

hi @frankz
love your plugins , do you think could be possibile to add minilyrics to  Lyrics Reloaded ?
it's an amazing pluing
thanks and take care

Thank you, but it's not possible. The plugin can only retrieve lyrics from open web sites that print the lyrics in text as part of the site's HTML.  Minilyrics doesn't do any of that..

gaiastar

hi @frankz
love your plugins , do you think could be possibile to add minilyrics to  Lyrics Reloaded ?
it's an amazing pluing
thanks and take care

Thank you, but it's not possible. The plugin can only retrieve lyrics from open web sites that print the lyrics in text as part of the site's HTML.  Minilyrics doesn't do any of that..
hi @frankz
thanks for the  explanation