Author Topic: Cannot locate music files that play on Music Bee  (Read 1057 times)

Dave R

I am trying to copy music files from my desktop computer to my new phone.  However, there are a lot of songs that play on Music Bee on my desktop but that I cannot find in any files on my computer, even after doing a search.  For example, I have four complete Bob Seger albums that play on Music Bee, but I can only find files for a total of three songs (and a search only finds those three songs, too).

Has anybody else encountered this and do you know where these files might be hidden?  As they play on Music Bee, I have to believe that they exist somewhere.

Thank you.

Dave

Zak

• Global Moderator
Right-click > Seach... > Locate in Windows Explorer.
Bee excellent to each other...

MTVhike

With what program do your missing files play on your computer? What kind of files - MP3, ALAC, WAV, etc. are they?

Dave R

Thanks, all.

My files are MP3 files, copied to my computer from my CDs.  Right now, the hidden files only play on Music Bee.  When I try to look for them on Windows Media Player, they cannot be found.  (For example, I can only find those three Bob Seger songs, even though four full albums play on Music Bee.)

Dave R

I suppose my question should be:  is there a way to find the location of the file on the computer for the songs in one's Music Bee library?

Dave R

Update:  I finally found those files.   They were hidden away in a folder in a folder in a folder.  For some reason, though, when I did a general search on one of the song titles, nothing showed up.  I finally found the location when I searched specifically for music.

Thanks again, everyone.  

Stay safe, be well and happy listening.