Author Topic: duplicates of each track in all playlists(old/new) 3 3 Update6  (Read 2350 times)

Aphotic

greetings

as title states

installed MusicBeeSetup 3 3 Update6

custom playlists i had made before and even new ones i made
 all have duplicated tracks, each track now has 2x extra listing in the custom playlist mixer i made
i even install the latest "beta" now to see if this is fixed but does not help and also made right-clicking on my list give an error on beta so i can't even edit my playlists anymore:

Code
MusicBee v3.4.7525.31971D  (Win10.0), 12 Aug 2020 14:31:

System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type '#=zHS$HS21hQ5NaQqnGW1j0sy$5QkUd' to type '#=zrsSFOYSEWlqs2ue5YvMvpk0U10WA'.
   at #=zJT84hcuUIBaRcQsBOyULqSwfPT6Q.#=z8KDriGtdURgN.#=zzZYPlTXPLqk$$c2wM8uKdGg=(Object #=zJOY69QE=, EventArgs #=zjfxZzvE=)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.OnDropDownShow(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnDropDownShow(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDownItem.ShowDropDownInternal()
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnMenuAutoExpand()
   at System.Windows.Forms.MenuTimer.OnTick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

screenshot:

btw how can i export all my MusicBee settings so i don't lose anything in case reinstalation needed
Last Edit: August 12, 2020, 11:35:58 AM by Aphotic
gaar

Steven

• Administrator

The Incredible Boom Boom

btw how can i export all my MusicBee settings so i don't lose anything in case reinstalation needed

Menu -> Edit -> Settings -> Save Settings Snapshot...

Menu -> View -> Import/Export -> Export Panel Arrangement

If you use custom views
Click on the panel icon next to the search bar -> Main Panel -> Custom Views -> Copy Current View Settings...
If you use custom layouts
Right-click on the panel tab -> Use Custom Layout -> Copy Current Layout To...

Finally
Menu -> File -> Library -> Backup Library

That all should give you a complete backup of your MB system.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

Check out backup & restore on the wiki

Edit: Haha, beat me to it.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Aphotic

this should fix the bug you posted
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip
unzip and replace the existing musicbee application files

it fixed the playlist mixer creation and edit
but the duplicate files still exist even when I create new playlist mixer

that's my main issue really like to fix
check the screenshot of the criteria of the playlist mixer ive been using forever now used to like  a charm before update:
gaar

Steven

• Administrator
The playlist mixer will fill to the 900 track count you have set - if it wasnt doing that in an older version then i would consider the older version was wrong.
If you are seeing the repeats then most likey you have less than 900 "5 star" tracks, so the selection will repeat to fill 900.
Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 11:15:40 AM by Steven

Aphotic

hmm so can we have an option similar to:
 "gap before the same artist can repeat"
like:
gap before same "track" can be added to the list? or just don't get duplicates?

cus i have starred/rated ALOT of my tracks in my music archive, hate to see them not being in the mixer.
love to have 999+ even

what do u suggest?
gaar

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
The thing about a playlist mixer is that it's not intended to be a complete list. It's like a fancier auto-dj, it pulls in a random selection of tracks based on the criteria. But if the number of tracks you ask it for exceeds the tracks available, it will diligently keep going and you can get a result like this.

If you make a regular auto-playlist with criteria "rating is 5 star", how many tracks does it have?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Aphotic

The thing about a playlist mixer is that it's not intended to be a complete list. It's like a fancier auto-dj, it pulls in a random selection of tracks based on the criteria. But if the number of tracks you ask it for exceeds the tracks available, it will diligently keep going and you can get a result like this.

If you make a regular auto-playlist with criteria "rating is 5 star", how many tracks does it have?

oh wow, i did not know this! i set it up and set the limit to 9999 and now it has no duplicates! thanks! ♥
gaar