Author Topic: Exclude individual songs from Syncing.  (Read 1554 times)

bigdonkey1

Hi there, i just replaced my ipod and am wanting to move my tracks/playlists over from musicbee to my new device.

Problem is, musicbee doesn't differentiate what i want to sync. I'm selecting a playlist i want to sync and it's copying all of it including tracks that are both Banned and Unticked. If there is some function i'm missing on how to prevent these tracks from syncing then please let me know, otherwise I have no idea why this is the case and basically makes the sync function useless to me ATM.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Why don't you exclude banned and unticked tracks from the playlist?  If it's not already an auto-playlist, you could make an auto-playlist with your static playlist as the source.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

bigdonkey1

Because i want them on the playlist on the computer, all of my playlists are just artists discography (as the artist tag can be unreliable given features or projects under different names). So i just want to include everything to know where it is and skip over the Instrumental versions of tracks that pad out a single when i put it on to play.

Is my only option to have to keep a second auto version of every playlist i ever intend to sync to the device? NGL that seems like a lot of work for something the desktop application already has the capacity to filter out already, but ok...

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Do you need the separate playlists on your phone? If not, just make a single playlist for syncing
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)