Author Topic: Skins do not work properly  (Read 2111 times)

Neodym_

Hi,
I have been trying to change my skin for the first  time but it seems that the skin will only "partially" be displayed : the colors, the icons, the bar and the compact/mini players are good but not the font nor the panels.
For example, with the MaterialMix theme here : https://getmusicbee.com/addons/skins/203/materialmix-hidpi-supported/

I tried with other themes and the problem remains. The error log is empty.
Could someone help please ?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Fonts and panel layout are not controlled by the skin, so I think everything is working as expected. There are separate settings for those.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Neodym_

Thank you for your answer. How do I edit these settings then ? eg. I can't find the font in the General  settings.

phred

• Global Moderator
There are many places from which fonts can be changed. Essentially each view can have it's own font settings.

Start with the basic: Edit > Preferences > Layout (1) general. Then go to Layout (2).

It looks like your screenshot is Albums and Track view. Click on "Album and Tracks" in the top-left of the main panel and then "Customize Panel." Again, each view (Artists, Albums, Tracks, Jukebox) can be set with its own font and can be changed by using the Album and Tracks example.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Neodym_

Thank you very much ! However, I still do not find the font, which is in fact provided by the skin (Roboto, to be precise) and does not appear in the list, although I can see it in the files. Did I do something wrong installing the skin ?

frankz

Did you read the readme that came with the skins?

He provides the source in the OP of the thread about the skin.  You can try posting in that thread - he might get notifications from it.
Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 04:48:14 PM by frankz

Neodym_

Hi, yes I did read the ReadMe, and selected the correct version. I will try to ask on this other thread. Thank you !