Author Topic: Issues with the Tag Hierarchy Explorer panel  (Read 9653 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Strange, I havent changed anything and its still fine here. Could you send your settings file?
I thought it was rather strange also. Stranger still is after using the prior version all day, I just updated to 7561 and the scroll bars are back as expected. Never mind.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

The Incredible Boom Boom

Some weird things going on with the THE panel. I'm on one of the latest 3.4 patches, but not the absolute latest one.

Code
Format
    Album Adult Alternative::Style
    Contemporary::Style
    Electronic::Style
    Holiday::STYLE
    International::Style
        African Adult Contemporary::Style
        African Jazz::Style
        Japanese Contemporary
        Japanese Contemporary Instrumental
        シティポップ::Style
        ニューミュージック::Style
        歌謡曲::Style
    Urban Adult Contemporary::Style
    Urban Contemporary::Style
    Quiet Storm::Style
    Urban Old School::Style

Currently testing using the above tags that should be grabbed from a custom tag <STYLE>. Sometimes the hierarchy will display, but will only show a couple of the tags. The two tags are random, usually switching among "Urban Adult Contemporary", "Urban Contemporary", "Quiet Storm", and "International." Other times, like now, nothing but "All" appears. Opening "Edit Tag Hierarchy..." and making a change doesn't seem to do anything and neither does switching to another file and switching back.

Anyone else experienced this?
Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 10:11:06 PM by The Incredible Boom Boom

hiccup

Some weird things going on with the THE panel. I'm on one of the latest 3.4 patches, but not the absolute latest one.
Currently testing using the above tags that should be grabbed from a custom tag <STYLE>. Sometimes the hierarchy will display, but will only show a couple of the tags. The two tags are random, usually switching among "Urban Adult Contemporary", "Urban Contemporary", "Quiet Storm", and "International." Other times, like now, nothing but "All" appears. Opening "Edit Tag Hierarchy..." and making a change doesn't seem to do anything and neither does switching to another file and switching back.

Anyone else experienced this?

The indentation seems wrong to me.
E.g. looking at: Japanese Contemporary
There are no tags residing directly under it? And if it is intended to be a category, I don't think it should be at the same level (indentation) as the tag right above it?

(P.S. You used 'quote' in this post. You probably intended 'code'?)

The Incredible Boom Boom

The indentation seems wrong to me.
E.g. looking at: Japanese Contemporary
There are no tags residing directly under it? And if it is intended to be a category, I don't think it should be at the same level (indentation) as the tag right above it?

I noticed that after I had made the post. I had forgotten to put "::Style" after them. When I first did this and saved, nothing changed, but now I can see all the tags. Will update if it disappears again.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Upgraded to yesterday's patch, opened the THE for the first time since posting yesterday and only seeing "International -> Japanese Contemporary" and "Urban Contemporary." Super weird.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I've had weird behavior sometimes, like you click on it to filter and then it only shows the results for the part you're filtering. Does that sound like it might be happening?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

The Incredible Boom Boom

I've had weird behavior sometimes, like you click on it to filter and then it only shows the results for the part you're filtering. Does that sound like it might be happening?

So, when I do click on a tag, the panel filters properly, even though the text isn't displayed in the THE. So, when I click "International," all my tracks with "International" assigned to <STYLE> display, but (still) only "International -> Japanese Contemporary" displays in the THE itself.

The Incredible Boom Boom

Just an update, I figured out what was happening after doing a Custom Search with the THE exposed. It's not updating tags to the current tab when coming from a previous tab. In-between a September patch and the December 9th patch, this is no longer an issue. *knock on wood*
Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 08:57:45 PM by The Incredible Boom Boom

The Incredible Boom Boom

Just an update, I figured out what was happening after doing a Custom Search with the THE exposed. It's not updating tags to the current tab when coming from a previous tab. In-between a September patch and the December 9th patch, this is no longer an issue. *knock on wood*

Sike. Still happening.