Author Topic: Issues with the Tag Hierarchy Explorer panel  (Read 9525 times)

jan_axhell

I have a weird layout issue with this "plugin". I'm on MB 3.4.7525
Copied everything in the AppData/MusicBee/TagHierarchyTemplates folder.

If I open the Arrange Panels tab and tick "Tag Hierarchy Explorer" it moves automatically to Left Main Panel.
Nevertheless nothing visible happens in the UI after applying/saving, nor even after closing/opening MusicBee.

If I instead manually drag "Tag Hierarchy Explorer" to Left Sidebar (the only one that allows me to drag), the THExpl appears there, but the Navigator disappears.
Either I see "Tag Hierarchy Explorer" or the Navigator (and I have to disable THExpl to see that again).

BTW I only see Tag Hierarchy Explorer with some options that have no effect on music sorting.

hiccup

Nevertheless nothing visible happens in the UI after applying/saving, nor even after closing/opening MusicBee.

Are you are sure your files have 'regular' genre tags?
If not, the explorer panel will be empty because it doesn't match anything.

jan_axhell

All the genres in my files are either already there, or got from GMT Bot Manager plugin that AFAIR gets them from Allmusic..
How do I know if they are regular?

A few random examples
AC/DC albums have "Hard Rock" as genre tag,
U2 have "Rock",
Morcheeba have "Trip-Hop / Downtempo"
Lamb have "Electronic; Pop/Rock; Downtempo; Adult Alternative Pop/Rock; Electronica; Trip-Hop; Alternative/Indie Rock; Club/Dance; Jungle/Drum'n'Bass"

jan_axhell

Copy that. Got the newest file, but no change for me. I'll wait and see any news on this issue.
Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 10:55:56 PM by jan_axhell

Steven

• Administrator
The tag hierarchy explorer is intended for use with panels that display files from the library; inbox; computer files etc. It wont display anything with the Music Explorer, Radio, Now Playing etc

jan_axhell

The tag hierarchy explorer is intended for use with panels that display files from the library; inbox; computer files etc. It wont display anything with the Music Explorer, Radio, Now Playing etc

Ok, I am now browsing folders from my Library on a local HDD, I have ticked Tag Hierarchy Explorer in the Arrange Panels tab.
I have set stack as "ticked elements are displayed as tabs", but I only see tabs in the Right Sidebar for Details/Lyrics/Now Playing.
How do I make it show up? I have clicked/right-clicked everywhere, but I can't find it.

sig.ovia

@Steven  I can recreate the problem reported  above by jan_axhell. It would seem that when TagHierachyExplorer (T.H.E.) is added to either the left side or left main panels, it allows a 'stack' tickbox to be drawn and ticked. However, when applied it does not stack the panels and does not display the T.H.E. panel at all. Un-tick the box and the T.H.E. panel appears where it is supposed to be, but not stacked (or tabbed, if that option was selected). I'm assuming the text panel used to base the T.H.E panel on was a stackable panel and this is a hangover.

I'm not putting this as a Bug Report as hopefully it will be picked up from this section which is currently very active.

@jan_axhell Just untick the 'stack' box and it will display the panel and you'll have to live with it in that mode until Steven makes a decision on it's ultimate method of deployment.

jan_axhell

@jan_axhell Just untick the 'stack' box and it will display the panel and you'll have to live with it in that mode until Steven makes a decision on it's ultimate method of deployment.

Ok, something visible, but weird happened this time: as I unticked stack, a couple of genres appeared in the left sidebar, so I tried to change singer/band, but to do that, I had to disable THExpl, because as I said, either I see that OR the Navigator.

Then I switched it on again and nothing visible changed, but as I moved back and forth the tiny navigation arrows in the upper left corner, the navigator moved from a folder to another, but restricted to subfolders in that folder and the last 3 albums I had launched while experimenting.
For each folder I move to, a different bunch of genres appear in the left sidebar.
Quite confusing for now, but at least I managed to see something.  :-)

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
@Steven  I can recreate the problem reported  above by jan_axhell. It would seem that when TagHierachyExplorer (T.H.E.) is added to either the left side or left main panels, it allows a 'stack' tickbox to be drawn and ticked. However, when applied it does not stack the panels and does not display the T.H.E. panel at all. Un-tick the box and the T.H.E. panel appears where it is supposed to be, but not stacked (or tabbed, if that option was selected).

Not having that problem at all.
Left main panel and set as 'tabs'
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Steven

• Administrator
@Steven  I can recreate the problem reported  above by jan_axhell. It would seem that when TagHierachyExplorer (T.H.E.) is added to either the left side or left main panels, it allows a 'stack' tickbox to be drawn and ticked. However, when applied it does not stack the panels and does not display the T.H.E. panel at all. Un-tick the box and the T.H.E. panel appears where it is supposed to be, but not stacked (or tabbed, if that option was selected). I'm assuming the text panel used to base the T.H.E panel on was a stackable panel and this is a hangover.
I cant reproduce this either

sig.ovia

Well it's happening here:

selected for tabs in Left Side panel (NO tabs shown)

selected for stack in Left main panel (NO stack shown)

However, un-tick the box and it appears. I can access it ok but jan_axhell says theirs keeps popping in and out.
Last Edit: August 11, 2020, 01:29:18 PM by sig.ovia

Steven

• Administrator
can you send me a link to your settings file where its not being displayed (help/ support/ view settings)

sig.ovia

can you send me a link to your settings file where its not being displayed (help/ support/ view settings)

I just went to get you the settings data and thought I'd check the tabs/stack again as I updated to the latest patch a little earlier. It is now working as expected so clearly something in the last patch or the penultimate one cured the problem for for me. I have tabs and/or stacked panels as I was expecting originally.

Hopefully the other user can verify that works for them if they update to the patch that was released today.

phred

• Global Moderator
Using today's patch (3.4.7561 P) I have lost the scrollbar on the Tag Hierarchy Explorer. I have it positioned in the left main panel under artist biography. With 3.4.7558 P the scroll bar exists.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Steven

• Administrator
Using today's patch (3.4.7561 P) I have lost the scrollbar on the Tag Hierarchy Explorer. I have it positioned in the left main panel under artist biography. With 3.4.7558 P the scroll bar exists.
Strange, I havent changed anything and its still fine here. Could you send your settings file?

Also is there anything in the error log around the time you start musicbee
Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 10:48:31 PM by Steven