Author Topic: Playing ipods through Musicbee  (Read 821 times)

THESELECTOR10

Hi All,

I have been a user of Musicbee now for many years and have found it to be one if not the best music manager/player out there and would never switch to anything else. I used to use itunes before but found it to be so power hungry and sluggish then discovered the Musicbee software and have been blown away ever since. The only thing missing that I would like to see added would be the option to play my ipod music/playlists through Musicbee as I much prefer the interface and ease of use of this fantastic piece of software. Would you be able to make it so? That would be the icing on the cake (stephen 'tin tin' duffy) for me if you could. Here's to a great future and many more years of an incredible program  ;)

All the best,

Al  8)

phred

• Global Moderator
The short answer is no. Apple devices are not supported.

Steven has stated many times in the past that he will not support Apple devices. This is due to Apple frequently changing its OS and/or API to the point of preventing non-Apple applications from working without making significant changes. MB is developed by one person, in his spare time. He has stated he just doesn't have to time to play Apple's games and that his time is better spent improving MB.

That being said, if you connect your pod to your PC, does the PC assign a drive letter to it? If so, you might be able to use MB's computer node to see the drive letter and then play the pod's music.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here