Author Topic: Help: How to get the LastFM love icon to line up in Tracks panel  (Read 3097 times)

fred

With the MusicBee3 skin and a skin I'm working on this is how the Love/Rating columns appear on the Tracks panel:

The Love icon on my skin does not line up with the Rating as it does on the MusicBee3 skin - it's noticeably lower. I assume that it's getting the icon from the element:
  <element id="LastFmLove">LastFmLove.png</element>
In my case this is a 64x64 icon I use in the Player:

Can anyone tell how to get my panel icon aligned?

Also I noticed that there seems to be a problem in MusicBee3 with the Love icon in the player:

sig.ovia

The LastFMLove icon <element id="LastFmLove"> for the main panel should be 16x16 pixel images and not the 64x64 pixel size you have stated.

If the skin you are working on is utilizing a bitmap player (.xmlc file) this is likely using the larger 64x64 image to make the icon/button more distinct in the player. I don't know how you store/categorize your icons/images but I always keep my panel/skin icons in a different folder from my player controls/images.  From your screenshot I'd say you have the 64x64 image selected (and judging by the distortion on the image it has been over-colored several times in an art package to get the color you want and has lost it's definition). The player 'Love' icon/button is called by <element id="TrackLove"> in the skin.xml file.

fred

Thanks for the heads up. I do keep all my player icons in a separate folder. The LastFMLove icon for the panel was 32x32 bit from some experiments a long time ago with the flat player. It's now 16x16 and that works beautifully. Once again many thanks.

hiccup

I don't know how you store/categorize your icons/images but I always keep my panel/skin icons in a different folder from my player controls/images.

Interesting stuff. You seem to have experience with skinning, I am curious, why haven't you shared any of your skins yet?
Or have you, but perhaps under another alias?

sig.ovia

Interesting stuff. You seem to have experience with skinning, I am curious, why haven't you shared any of your skins yet?
Or have you, but perhaps under another alias?

I have no need for an alias, hiccup. I'm not that interesting or devious (whichever way you want to look at it).
For a while now I have made skins for my own amusement and use. Most of what you need to know can be found on here somewhere and it's been a case of trial and error.
Besides, it keeps me occupied and passes the day.

Why haven't I shown them? Well, there are others on here who are clearly more talented than I am. Just because I know how to make a skin doesn't mean that those skins are any good.

I'm quite happy doing my own thing for my own use. Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to show them. For now I'll use my own ones that I like and when I want something different I choose one from the new skins that have been published recently. Some of those have been really excellent and bring the player to life more than I can.