Author Topic: How do you deal with an inner panel's scrollbar and changing window size?  (Read 5953 times)

WesC

There is an issue with a inner panel's scroll bars when the window size is changed.  Using the Rdio Style template as the example, if you change the window size, especially in the vertical direction, the scroll bar in for the track listing displays in strange ways.  The scroll bar might be far to the right of the duration column or the scroll bar might show up in the midst of the track listing.  The latter is the biggest problem because scrolling the list up and down shifts only part of the list -- the titles scroll but the duration values stay in place. 

I'm focusing on the scroll bar, but highlighting of a track is also effected.  Similar to the scroll bar appearing in the middle of the panel, the highlight of a track might stop in the middle of a line (that is the highlight color is only apply to part of the line).

I believe the cause is that the track panel is being scaled along with the window size but the fonts are not.  I've played with the panel scaling or making the panel fixed.  I tried adjusting the title width based on the track list sub-panel, but strangely, the duration values no longer display in a column.  Nothing I've tried is particularly satisfying.  I think I will shrink the window to it's minimum, set the inner panel size so the bars are just to the right of the panel; then when the window is maximized the scroll bar will be far to the right of the panel, but that is the lessor evil.

What have you tried?

WesC

Maybe the issue is because duration is a child?  The scroll bar works fine for a lyric panel that has no children...