Author Topic: TheaterMode on UHD Monitor  (Read 6449 times)

duke.g

Hi all,
I have a small "problem" when using theatermode on my UHD-Monitor. The pictures have a really bad quality.
Is there a possibility to influence the resizing by setting somm (hidden) parameters or something like that.

Her is an example to show what I mean:

Kind regards
   duke.g

phred

• Global Moderator
What's the resolution of the pictures you're using? Perhaps you need better quality (higher resolution) artwork.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

What's the resolution of the pictures you're using? Perhaps you need better quality (higher resolution) artwork.

Those images look really weird.
They don't seem just low-res, but as if both a posterizing effect and some scarface plugin was applied.

Sorry, no clue how that could have happened, or what the source of those images are, just an observation.

edit:
They resemble a bit how low-quality .gifs sometimes look like.
Maybe they are gif? And not jpg or png?
Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 04:18:42 PM by hiccup

duke.g

Hello all,

I found the solution myself. As I said I use a 4k Monitor but I've set the Windows 10 scaling to 175%. In order for the Skins to look right one then has to set the "High DPI-Settings" on the Compatibility Page in the properties dialog window for the Application. There you have to check  "Overwrite High-DPI-Scaling" and set it to "System". If you set it to "System Extended" you get the effect I showed in my first Screenshot. Excuse me, if the translations for the Settings are wrong, but I have a german system.
Here is a Screenshot:

And a picture showing the TheaterMode:

Thank you very much for thinking about the problem.

Regards
   Duke.g

duke.g

The Screenshots got Lost!?

Settings:

Result:

Regards
  Duke.G