Author Topic: Can we disable/cover OnClick hotspots when using AutoHide elements?  (Read 5529 times)

WesC

If we have an autohide element appear over an existing element with OnClick triggers, can we disable or block the OnClick spots?  For example, I have lyrics appear over an album's track list.  Even though the track list is not visible, the cursor changes as it passes over the lyric field and I can inadvertently click and change the song.  I see this happening in the Rdio Style TM, so I suspect there is nothing that can be done.  Mod'ernaire solves the problem by having all the various elements already autohidden and you have to choose to show them.  For the Rdio template the issue is that the track listing is the default and so already in the background.

WesC

I can create an element over the lyrics box with an onClick parameter that will capture the click.  Although I'd rather the click do nothing, it needs to do something, so I have it close the autohide lyric panel... not a horrible thing, and it makes sense to do something because the cursor will change.  Open to other suggestions.

Note: I don't know if this true for other parameters, but "onClick" is case sensitive and that C has to be capitalized.