Author Topic: Please bring back the pastel skins.  (Read 2234 times)

LTSings

Hi, I'm new here. I just wanted to ask for the pastel skins to be brought back. I just installed Music Bee into a new computer and I'm sorry to see they aren't available anymore.

Steven

• Administrator
The author of those skins has decided to no longer make them available which is a shame, and unless he changes his mind they wont be bought back

zkhcohen

Hi, I'm new here. I just wanted to ask for the pastel skins to be brought back. I just installed Music Bee into a new computer and I'm sorry to see they aren't available anymore.

This is at Steven's discretion as to whether we can keep this link up:

[LINK REMOVED]

I don't know if skins created by users for MB are really considered IP.
Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 05:50:55 PM by zkhcohen

zkhcohen

I suggest this link should be removed.

If the creator of the skins removed his/her link it is (in my professional opinion) a clear and unequivocal indication that he/she does not want these distributed. The ownership of Copyright and all Intellectual Property rights remain with them unless there is a specific (and clearly displayed) notice of the loss of such rights on any and all medium or publication pertaining the display of such items. I have looked and cannot see sufficient notice on this forum/web site/or within the player to act as such a waiver of said rights.

In short, to make available these items is, in the eyes of the law, no different to the circulation of pirated copies of music.

I think you make a good argument.

I can't find the EULA I vaguely remember seeing for the development of skins and third-party add-ins, which sets limitations on IP.

I've removed the link for now.

Steven

• Administrator
I have to apologise to ChasFarley as I have deleted your user profile on mistake with deleting a spammer. Please feel free to recreate your logon if you so wish

ChasFarley

I have recreated the user logon but I note that the posts are also deleted.

I won't recreate them but I do hope you saw the second post and, if you so choose, will consider correcting the situation.

Steven

• Administrator
I have recreated the user logon but I note that the posts are also deleted.

I won't recreate them but I do hope you saw the second post and, if you so choose, will consider correcting the situation.
no i didnt see your posts, just the embedded quote in zkhcohens reply for which i believe he has now removed the links to redwings deleted skins

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I had split the other post into a new topic because it had to do with legalities on the internet and wasn't really related to this one.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)