Author Topic: Music Bee Customisation Example  (Read 3148 times)

Abolohit

Hello Everybody on the MusicBee forums!

I was researching online for a good alternative to Groove Music Player for Windows 10. I am using the latest 2004 build.

I am completed amazed by the wealth of customisation and modding options in MusicBee! It seems too powerfull and a bit overwhelming.  :-X I downloaded MusicBee today to give it a try.

I really like the ui design elements of Groove Music, its left sidebar fluent design blur element, its main panel album layout, also the left side panel buttons placement and layout.

As a beginner, I am asking for guidance from the experts and experienced, how to do I go about customising MusicBee so that it looks and feels like Groove Music almost completely, with the added benefit of MusicBee's awesome flexibility and power?

I have already did a search in Google, and in the forums, about any endeavours like this undertaken before. I found some skins, and an icon replacer for MusicBee so that it looks same as MusicBee in the StartMenu. Also a compact skin for MB which looks same as the fluent skin window which shows in "Now Playing" in Groove Music.

Also, how does one customise and apply mods to the UWP verison of MB? That version maybe be a bit behind the latest portable and release win32 version, but it has live tile support in start menu, like Groove Music. I am sure that can be customised too to show the music album art and track name in the live tile itself.

How do I go about customising the layout of the panels in the application to achieve my goal of getting MB to look and function like Groove Music?

Has anybody done this before?

sveakul

I'm not trying to throw you shade, but it might be a good idea to try just letting MusicBee look like MusicBee, instead of another player, which will probably give you a lot more flexibility in the end and you might end up really loving it.  That said, the best place for getting answers to your skin mod questions is the special forum here:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?board=11.0

Abolohit

Thanks for your reply, Sveakul. I will try posting my question where you suggested