Author Topic: Re-link music file paths  (Read 1177 times)

voiceoveralan

I keep the music I entered in an external drive. Inadvertently, the drive disconnected. When I went to play music on Music Bee, it said it could not find the music., I'm not sure how to re-link music file paths. I appreciate your assistance.

Steven

• Administrator
Unless you chose to remove the files, MB should keep the path to the files and if it doesnt reconnect automatically, then it should do on restart

voiceoveralan

Embarrassed to admit, but in a panic, I changed the pathway on the right. I know that wasn't smart ... so now I'm not sure what it was.

voiceoveralan

After the external drive plug came undone and put back together, the music wouldn't play. Unfortunately, I fooled around with the paths and now it doesn't work:

This might help clarify. The Musicbee program is located: C:\program files (x86)\musicbee. The music tracks are located: E:/ripped files\. Do I need to add a specific file at the end of music bee --- and which one goes to the right - and which one goes to the left?

frankz

The left of the Relink dialog is where MB thinks they are.  The right is where they actually are.

It doesn't matter where the MB program is located.