Author Topic: Is it possible to customize <Episode Date< for Podcasts?  (Read 1424 times)

jan_axhell

I tend to download and keep podcasts, but most of them has no progressive ID to sort the files, so I have added <Episode Date> before <Title> in the Reorganize options. But the date is set as DD-MM-YY, so that downloaded files are organized by Day instead of Year.
Any chance to have a YY-MM-DD option?

phred

• Global Moderator
I may be mistaken, but I think MB uses whatever date/time format you have set in Windows.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

frankz

That's right - short date and short time under regional settings.

jan_axhell

phred:
Uhm, in the W10 Date/Hour settings I see no option to reverse Day/Year order, just change a little aesthetic look like short/long.
BTW if that's the only way to do this, it would be annoying for me to have the system clock showing date in reverse..

frankz:
short or long is of no use, I need reverse, like 2020-07-16 instead of 16-07-2020. I see no such option.

frankz

frankz:
short or long is of no use, I need reverse, like 2020-07-16 instead of 16-07-2020. I see no such option.
Where are you looking? It's in your windows regional settings as I described.

jan_axhell

frankz

Very odd. 

I think there's a workaround where you can make a virtual tag that displays the date in any format you want.  I'm not familiar with how it works besides knowing it exists, and I'm not sure it would sort the way you want, but if you search the forum for $DATE you should be able to find something.

hiccup

I don't seem to have that option... :-o
That's weird!

You can probably set it by using Windows' Control Panel > Region instead of using 'Settings'.
There you should be able to edit it and set it exactly as you like:

Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 05:14:30 PM by hiccup

frankz

I didn't know that - good info.
Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 05:31:09 PM by frankz

jan_axhell

Yes! Thanks hiccup, that worked.
Thank you all for the advice.
Now I wonder if I have to re-download all the podcasts: MB doesn't do anything when I click Reorganize..
Oh well, I'll do that.

jan_axhell

I have Deleted and Downloaded again the podcasts
Now THIS is odd:
some podcasts are tagged in the form of YYYY/MM/DD
others are tagged as DD/MM/YYYY
for no apparent reason.
This happens even for podcasts of the same subscription, some tagged one way, others the other way.

Now I am confused.

EDIT
Changing the short date in Windows 10 totally messed up MusicBee podcasts dates: now it's impossible to sort them by title and some episodes have impossible dates like 2020-12-03 (and we are now in july)

Looks like a bug, don't know if in Windows or MusicBee, but this doesn't work fine for sure.
Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 06:51:23 PM by jan_axhell