Author Topic: Downloaded Flac files for every album overwrite the first track with 'Track 1'  (Read 754 times)

Sbosze1

I recently started to download my cd's in flac format into a new folder. All files were converted with Windows Media Player and all titles converted correctly. After downloading Music Bee and linking it to this flac folder, the first song on every album was overwritten as Track 1 in my original folder with an unknown album reference. I lost all this data. Has anyone experienced this?
Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 04:27:34 AM by psychoadept

frankz

No, and Musicbee wouldn't rename anything without explicitly being told to by the user either manually organizing or setting up to auto organize.

What else did you do at the time, how did you "link" Musicbee to this folder, and why are you sure the MusicBee did this?

Sbosze1

Because the files were all newly ripped to the folder and the titles were intact. I only downloaded MusicBee today and linked it to this folder. When I scanned through the albums in the MB interface, I noticed they all started with track 2. Then I saw the 'Unknown artist' folder and noticed it contained >100 unidentified 'Track 1' files.

frankz

The files didn't move on their own accord. Again, what else did you do, and how did you "link" MB to the folder?

This sounds like you tried to organize your files when they weren't properly tagged.