Author Topic: MusicBee 3.4: Album Covers view not showing compilation artists  (Read 1657 times)

Zak

• Global Moderator
I just noticed version 3.4.7495 was released, so I updated to try it out.

The Album Covers view appears to have been slightly borked for albums with more than one artist.

In 3.3, multi-artist albums automatically included the artist name for each track:

In 3.4, the artist name is missing (although the space is still reserved for it):

Bee excellent to each other...

Steven

• Administrator
can you post a screenshot of your expanded panel settings for the artwork view or send me a link to your settings file

Zak

• Global Moderator
Panel settings

Tracks settings

Settings file is here if you need it:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Auf1j9D0P6KYh39jJimo5iNfHleV?e=7hsUXj

Incidentally, if I try to change the Fields displayed options in either of these, I get this error message:

MusicBee v3.4.7495.32145P  (Win10.0), 13 Jul 2020 12:05:

System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
   at System.Drawing.Font.Clone()
   at #=zyawcqBoP72pYZIRyvoWeElW099sE1tJv9A==.#=zGbV0Lwj$Gx2H(#=zekf$974VjxJrWunniIAUyjve2zSNpbAxiQ== #=zErlkkCQ=)
   at #=zgAtS0utO7gt2oWF8PdIdGoc=.#=zoezO9$UDp2hF()
   at #=zgAtS0utO7gt2oWF8PdIdGoc=.#=zfp5rT67kOlmV()

I did notice this error last night, but then it went away. Now it's back again.

Steven

• Administrator
The original reported issue should be fixed for the next update.
Is the issue with changing the fields and having the font error repeatable after restarting MB?
I am not seeing how it would happen

Zak

• Global Moderator
Great, thank you.  :D

I got the font error when I first tested 3.4 but it went away after a few downgrades/upgrades between 3.3 and 3.4 while I worked out what was happening with the artist name bug. That's why I didn't include it in my original post.

Testing it again this afternoon to make my post with the screenshots, the error had returned.

Now, it's gone again.  :-X

I'll keep poking around to see if I can find a way to reproduce it every time.

Steven

• Administrator
for the original problem
https://getmusicbee.com/patches/MusicBee34_Patched.zip

note if you use a single tag with no other extra fields (other than highlight) then by default 1 line will be used and artist is displayed on the same line for multi-artist albums. In v3.4, because you have the ability to include artist in the virtual tag, MB doesnt automatically append the artist on the same line.
To get the 2 line behavior, add Artist as an extra field. It will only show on multi-artist albums