Author Topic: Artwork Question  (Read 746 times)

mm

To add or change artwork, I right click on the album cover (while in Music Explorer), go edit > artwork > and then select the artwork and save to apply.

In this process it has the matching picture types of 'Album Cover', 'Album Cover (back)", and 'Leaflet Page'.

I am linking, rather than embedding, so as not to bloat each track (and save space).

Some albums have the whole booklet scanned - for these I am thinking of using 'Leaflet Page', and the order this is done in Musicbee, will allow easy access of the booklet in order.

For images such as scanned CD etc etc, is there any benefit in creating new picture types or just using the blank picture type.

Also, for artwork, is it recommended to put this in a subfolder named 'Artwork'?

I know a lot of this comes down to personal preference, but if there are logical reasons for doing something in a particular way, I would like to do it from the start, rather than having to start again.

mm

I think I will adopt the folder naming convention: Artist Name/Album Name/Artwork

Artwork having broader scope than covers (which some use).

I will stick with the picture types of 'Album Cover', 'Album Cover (back)", and 'Leaflet Page', as I do not know of an advantage of creating new picture types. Perhaps I will come up with a naming convention at file level to keep things neat as (eg. to include photos of the CD, and other items).